Little London Court - Mill Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 August 2005 12.29am
Does anyone live in or know anything about the flats in here? I'm wondering if there have been any problems as I'm thinking about renting a place in there. It smelt a bit damp and someone said there had been some burst pipes ~ anyone know anything about this?

Thanks a bunch ../
Wednesday 3 August 2005 11.47am
Hi there Citizen

I live in LLC, in the Sugar Loaf building, which is at the back of the court, and backs onto Dockhead. We've never had any problems with pipes or water at all. It smells of damp slightly in the car park, and the bins tend to smell of fish, which is lovely, but they're both underground, so it's not really a problem. We certainly don't have damp in the flat.

From speaking to other people in my building, apparently the people who live in the main block have complained about La Lanterna making too much noise, but I would say the noise is pretty much what you'd expect from a restaurant with a courtyard - it's not like they have wild hoolies every night!

We're really happy there, and don't have any complaints about the place. I have been told by at least 3 random locals that the place is haunted, but I haven't seen any evidence of that either!

Wednesday 3 August 2005 1.36pm
I'm a former resident of Little London Court. Absolutely loved my time there, even when the restaurant spilled over into the courtyard - it gives a mediterranean feel to it.

One word of caution, there is a Fire Station on Dockhead. And the fire engines put on their sirens before leaving the end of the road. For the first couple of months, this really got to me, but I have to say I got used to them. Really! I did hear a rumour that the Station may close (not a good idea in my opinion).

Go for it!
Friday 5 August 2005 3.50pm
Thanks both ~ all sounds pretty positive; despite the haunting (although maybe it's good for security :-))

Would be interested to hear more from other people as well.

Thanks...../

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: