Monday 15 August 2005 3.03pm
thanks for the lesson in interior design but I assure you it is not required. My complaints are as follows:
1. They have not mastered the eclectic retro look AT ALL, they should be using real flocked wallpaper NOT fake stuff (for example)
2. the new bar is too much of a contrast with the rest of the the 'look' of the place, it looks cheap (whether it is or not is beside the point)
3. the beer garden is still grotty
4. get a cat, I do not accept mice running around under the tables
5. the staff are not friendly. I do not understand why it is so difficult to get staff who smile and treat you well, it does wonders for business believe me
6. the music is too loud,
To sum up I think that the Woolpack is teetering on the edge of being a dodgy Wetherspoons.
If I was opening a pub on Bermondsey Street
right now I would be trying alot harder. Somebody needs to set the standard around this area or else we will all be putting up with these mediocre and fairly naff establishments for longer than I care to imagine.