Plasterer

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 18 August 2005 3.30pm
Hi, I am a peabody tenant and would like the walls in my living room plastered/skimmed. I am fairly poor so don't want to pay masses, but would like a recommendation of someone reliable/affordable...deserving even!
Friday 19 August 2005 1.25pm
I can help u with this
give me a call 07865079422
Wednesday 24 August 2005 1.33pm
Thanks george, I am off on hols for a week from 27 August, so is it OK if I contact you on my return?

Thanks
Thursday 25 August 2005 5.15pm
Yep, that's even better ( I also will be free only after August 31)
Feel free to give me a call
regards
Jac
Thursday 25 August 2005 5.41pm
Kerryl -

Do let us know if George (or who ever you use) does a good job, recomendation of good workmen are always welcome
Thursday 1 September 2005 8.35pm
Kerryl;

I live on Bermondsey Street and also need a plasterer. I'd be grateful if you could post with your thoughts on the work you have had done.

By the way, you wouldn't know a reliable plumber, electrician, and/or hardwood floor installer?

Best,

deek
Wednesday 21 June 2006 2.29pm
George, are you still around and available? Or does anyone else have any recommendations? I've been in touch with seven different guys and so far only had one show up.

Cheers,
Tom
Monday 8 January 2007 2.32pm
Hi, I Have recently moved into my house and needed alot of plastering work done a friend recommended someone and they were great, a good price to. His name was Billy 07711727154 Good Luck xxx
Wednesday 18 April 2007 12.40pm
Hi

Did any one ever use george, and if so, do you have an up to date number
Thursday 19 April 2007 10.41am
ledge wrote:
I've been in touch with seven different guys and so far only had one show up.

Ah, sadly this is not an unusual experience. I recently needed some re-plastering work doing and contacted several builders recommended via this site, for a qoute, and selected one. First date to start work was postponed because they 'had an emergency with another customer'. Second date, they just didn't show up, or respond to my messages. Result, I wasted my time and money waiting around and had to find an alternative. Fortunately my tenants were very tolerant of being mucked about and even expressed sympathy!

I know this works both ways, but it seems to be too much to expect a bit of courtesy from some in the building trade. In the above circumstances I would rather they came clean and admitted they were too busy or the job was too small than be left in the lurch!

I guess you are only as good as your most recent job, but I'm not going to publicly post the culprits name here, because I know others have had good results from them. Meanwhile, I have no hesitation in recommending Yilmaz of Elite - but do know he is now so busy he is unlikely to be able to take his usual holiday back home this year.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: