Chinese Place on The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 19 October 2002 10.18am
Has anyone been to this chinese cafe style place on The Cut ? Its opposite the pizza restaurant.

Any opinions of where to eat out and the BEST CURRY around waterloo greatly appreciated.
thanks
Jai
Saturday 19 October 2002 12.12pm
yes... it's called 'Culture Grub'
it's reasonably priced, large portioned, well cooked food.

The best curry around Waterloo, in my humble opinion, is the one on westminster Bridge Road. The name evades me at the moment.

Varkenslachter
VM
Saturday 19 October 2002 5.06pm
Actually the Southbank Tandoori on The Cut is rather good. I hate curries, but I'll eat theirs. When I lived in Waterloo, my other half (a curry fiend) rated it so much he'd try and persuade me that takeaway 5 nights a week from there was a good balanced diet...
Monday 21 October 2002 11.01am
Sothbank Tandoori is good, the one on Westminster road is Rajdoot (I think) and it was quite good when I went there last.
Monday 21 October 2002 2.58pm
Best curry to be had in SE1 is Simply Indian just off Long Lane small but beautiful, might be a bit far but they deliver it takes a while as they cook it fresh to order but well worth the wait.
Ian
Tuesday 22 October 2002 9.32am
have to agree with Kate on that one, Simply Indian is a cracking place, although I've not tried every curry house in SE1. Yet :-)
Jai
Tuesday 22 October 2002 10.52am
alright guys... where exactly do I find this place just off long lane...

Varkenslachter
Tuesday 22 October 2002 10.52am
Tower Tandoori has slipped in their quality lately and its getting pricier...Simply Indian is great, pity it's not bigger tho', we often have home delivery, give them enough warning as it can seem a long wait when your starving! their stuffed aubergines ...delicious...
Tam
Tuesday 22 October 2002 11.16am
and you can bring your own booze! has anyone seen that Bermondsey Bar and Kitchen being built on Bermondsey street? ITs still a bit of a building site but from what I can see it looks likes its gonna be pretty cool and its due to open next month. Is it the same one mentioned on a previous thread?
Jai
Tuesday 22 October 2002 11.29am
but where ?????

Varkenslachter
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network