Bermondsey Street - hole in ground

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 22 August 2005 11.33am
Does anyone know the purpose of the roadworks with a large hole in the ground immediately outside the Bermondsey Kitchen? (There was utter chaos for a while on Saturday when a lorry delivered metal pilings and blocked the entire road for a while.)

The only clue I have is that the parking bay suspension sign says "Radar Surveys" as the reason. Someone said that he thought it was for a pole similar to Tooley Street, to be festooned with cameras etc.

Monday 22 August 2005 11.45am
I believe it's for the entrance to the new "Sub-penthouse" luxury flats.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 22 August 2005 12.04pm
I really hope beautiful Bermondsey Street isn't blemished with one of those camera monstrosities.
Monday 22 August 2005 12.32pm
a 'sub-penthouse' ? Please tell me this is not another work of inventive fiction from estate agents.
Monday 22 August 2005 2.07pm
I'd like to think you read it here first janefs, and that in true Costner/cider-pressing style, it'll soon come true ;0)

Monday 22 August 2005 3.04pm
aah.... a light dawns, very slowly...Field of Dreams.

doh.
Monday 22 August 2005 4.02pm
I've been trying to invent new names for various things and to propagate them via the forum, for ages.

I think it all started with an article on funky SouthBankSideCentral living(doubtless by an estate agent), or was it a review of one of our neighouhood gastropods?

Monday 22 August 2005 4.08pm
You're obviously a keen property pages reader Ivanhoe, and I bet you've been trying to 'get the look' at home too. Somehow I don't think I'll be trying out 'Woolpack Whimsey' but that's for another thread.
Monday 22 August 2005 4.24pm
jane, I think I gave up trying to get any "looks" ages ago.

(But I can confess a secret love of those bits in the paper where it tells me what cutlery I should be getting for Autumn. Enough of them and I can sometimes forget the real world altogether)

Monday 22 August 2005 4.37pm
loft style basement flat is my favorite estate agents line, but I'm afraid to say that sub penthouses already exist in the jam factory...
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: