Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 20 October 2002 11.52am
does anyone know where this place is and what it is like ? thanks,
also where does one go in waterloo for good value drinks ?Ie - NOT 4 quid for a bottle of beer
Sunday 20 October 2002 2.53pm
Go to the Restaurant/Pubs section of this site and search for Auberge!

There are two branches in SE1 - Sandell Street at Waterloo, and Tooley Street (opposite the London Dungeon)
Monday 21 October 2002 2.39am
Its pretty average as a bar - I'm commenting on the Waterloo version - just opposite the station next to the 3i building. If I was going to spend time in SE1, I'd go to Baltic or Tas or Mar i Sol or pubs like the Leather Exchange - my personal opinion is that Auberge is a small pub chain hoping to be taken-over by a big pub-chain (an All Bar One , etc) and as such has done as little as possible to differentiate itself from any other boring bar you might find.

I made the mistake of reading a TimeOut review of Auberge which was positive and taking a date there - only to find out how crap it was - which is my fault for trusting TO - but in essence - if you are looking for a good night / and-or looking to impress - you can do a lot better in the area
Monday 21 October 2002 11.20am
Auberge is part of a small group which also includes the Azzuro restaurant in under the arches in York Road and various other locations.
Monday 21 October 2002 12.05pm
What do you mean for good value drinks? Do you mean a restaurant or a bar?

Firestation is a good bar. A bit further afield try Kings Arms, The Windmill or The Ring. They all do Thai food and are usually very busy.

baltic is very good value for bar food but the beer is pretty pricey.

Laughing Gravy is excellent value for bar food and has a small but rather unique selection of bottled beers.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: