Pub grub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 24 August 2005 11.31am
i am new to the area,can anyone help with a local (ish)pub that sells proper food?
not frozen,not mass produced,not overpriced!!!!
good wholesome fresh foods-fresh vegetables,home made pies,puds,roasts etc etc etc-
is there anywhere locally or a bit further afield?
some tips/advice/directions would be nice....
thank you.
Wednesday 24 August 2005 12.27pm
royal oak does a good roast.

you could try and search on southwark, some of my favourites are the market porter, lord clyde (not for food but a great boozer), the food in The Roebuck is pretty good, The George has food and the kings arms near waterloo.
Wednesday 24 August 2005 12.46pm
The George at Southwark (Borough High St.) does lovely hot pub food I think...the steak and ale pie is good. The Royal Oak is great, and a good pub too, and we went to the Woolpack in Bermondsey st. yesterday and the food was plentiful and inexpensive. There are those who are part of the Hartley.v. Bermondsey Kitchen rivalry....and we had a great SE1 Sunday lunch plus Irish folk music in the gang. Welcome to SE1, we're where it's at.
Wednesday 24 August 2005 1.14pm
The Wheatsheaf, adjacent to Borough Market certainly used to do good lunch time food [limited menu, freshly cooked on the premises] however, I haven't been there recently. It's a Youngs pub, but don't hold that against it.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 24 August 2005 1.15pm
I haven't been there for ages but the food at the Anchor Tap used to be proper hearty fare, and it has a courtyard which is a brilliant sun trap (if the sun can be bothered to shine)
Wednesday 24 August 2005 3.45pm
Where WAS it we went and heard that Irish music and ate Sunday lunch in the garden?
Anonymous User
Wednesday 24 August 2005 3.48pm
Wednesday 24 August 2005 3.48pm
The Horseshoe?
Wednesday 24 August 2005 3.49pm
Wednesday 24 August 2005 4.07pm
I thought it was English folk music??
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: