Ideas for improvements

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 August 2005 5.00pm
I'm due to move to Bermondsey shortly and think web sites like this are a superb source of reference for the community; where else in London has such a tight-knit community? Certainly nowhere else I found in my 6 month long property search! Anyway, good job.

Just wondered who I should contact in Bermondsey/Southwark to make a few suggestions for improvements in the area? A month long holiday in the US has given me a couple of ideas!:

1) Adopt a...: in LA they get local companies to sponsor the highway. In exchange, they get a sign on the side of the road giving them some free advertising. I think this could work very well in Southwark which has a number of parks and streets that could benefit from modernisation, and a fair few innovative, forward-thinking companies who might be prepared to stump up some cash.

2) Wireless internet: via a PPP (public private partnership), Southwark should aim to become THE digital centre in London by making subsidised WI-Fi access available in public parks (with accompanying CCTV to avoid the obvious risk of laptop theft!!) and subsidised broadband access for those on lower incomes. The BTs of this world would love the exposure.

Cheers,

Chris.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: