Recommendations for a blind date venue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 30 August 2005 11.31am
I've got a blind date arranged for Thursday, and would like recommendations for somewhere in the Waterloo area, that's open, relaxed and easy going, preferably with a good range of beers/wines. Any suggestions?
Tuesday 30 August 2005 1.39pm
There is a nice tapas place (or seems to be nice) on the opposite side of street near Southwark Tube station....

chustler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got a blind date arranged for Thursday, and
> would like recommendations for somewhere in the
> Waterloo area, that's open, relaxed and easy
> going, preferably with a good range of
> beers/wines. Any suggestions?

Tuesday 30 August 2005 2.06pm
At 6pm i think they have a free gig on the east side of Waterloo Bridge, see that, then perhaps a stroll along the south bank.
Wednesday 31 August 2005 7.20am
Dosen't everyone go to Pizza Express ? TFIC

Wednesday 31 August 2005 7.38am
NFT Cafe is a good bet, and if you are getting on, a balmy stroll on the south bank will work a treat. Well it worked for me- I am now married and expecting our first kid. Good luck!
Wednesday 31 August 2005 8.05am
If you do decide to go to Pizza Express , then walk along the South Bank to The Globe. The PE next door has wonderful views accross the Thames and of St Pauls.

I would also recommend the Souvlaki Bar next door to that if you would like to try something different.
Wednesday 31 August 2005 8.43am
If she's paying, take yourself to the Tate restaurant.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 31 August 2005 9.05am
Ivanhoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If she's paying, take yourself to the Tate
> restaurant.
>
> ...if you press it, they will come.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion - i'm not sure how to take it since i'm the "she" in question. But hey, you've all given me some good ideas so far.
Wednesday 31 August 2005 9.47am
Sorry (we were dfiscussing how to tell the sex of posters the other day. I'm obviously no good at it!).

Anyway, now we've established that you're paying...(TFIC)...I do hope you take your datee somewhere nice. SE1 is the postcode of luuuuuuuuuurve

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 31 August 2005 3.32pm
luuuurrrve? now that's become scary already. i only agreed to this date because i though it would be funny, but as he doesn't live or work in central london it was up to me to name a venue.

i have another question though - what does TFIC mean?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: