Looking for a babysitter ...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 2 September 2005 7.47am
I'm looking for an experienced (of course) babysitter for the occassional evening and daytime work, to look after my 2 month old baby girl.

If you're currently using someone you'd recommend, or there are babysitters out there looking for work, please get in touch.

Friday 2 September 2005 10.51am

if you can't find an individual, I would recommend Sitters as an organisation.

www.sitters.co.uk

I have no connection with the company, other than as a satisfied customer.

Regards,

Loafer
Friday 2 September 2005 12.07pm
One approach that might help the evening babysitting is to set up a local babysitting co-op. I'm in one and it works fantastically! Basically you need a group of approx 8-10 families (from your ante-natal group, nct or nursery, though I guess two months is a little young for that, etc) to start off and someone to co-ordinate it (we take turns on a monthly basis). We trade an hours sitting for an hours 'out'. The mums tend to do the sitting and we sit once the children have been put to bed. We have lists of contact nos and emergency info. Ours has been going for about 5 months now and it allows for an easy night out - and it's free!
Jac
Friday 2 September 2005 1.46pm
I use a male registered childminder ( who looks after the kids at my house) whom I can recommend. My children are at school now so he only has them after school occassionally and some days during the hols. If you would like his number let me know and I will PM you. He also will do some evenings.
Friday 2 September 2005 5.57pm
Hi Jac

I'd really appreciate this.

If you're happy to mention it to him to see if he's even interested (2 months is pretty young) that would be great.

My mobile no is: 07789 967 996 if he prefers to call me (Tanya Redgrave), or alternatively mail me back his details and I'll give him a bell.

Friday 2 September 2005 5.58pm
Many thanks for the tip, I saw their website so am pleased to hear from a satisfied customer!
Jac
Friday 2 September 2005 8.37pm
Hi Tredgrave

I have PM you his details
Sunday 4 September 2005 12.09pm
We also belong to a babysitting circle which has been going for over 25 years. (Don't worry people tend to drop out once their kids reach their teens.) Happy to email a template. And if you live anywhere close to Waterloo I could introduce you. The nice thing is that sitters are experienced parents.

We don't use it so much now we have an au pair. If you do need a sitter I am happy to introduce you to a network of lovely Slovak girls.
Monday 5 September 2005 8.26am
Sorry, when u say have PM'd? details what does this mean :-~

Monday 5 September 2005 10.01am
It means that Jac has sent you a private message. See here to read it:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/control.php?panel=pm
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: