Care homes in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 September 2005 12.01am
I am just wondering whether any SE1 ers have a relative in residential care in this area? We are having a nightmare trying to find a decent place for my grandmother to live. We have recently moved her to a Bupa home just out past Greenwich. It is not far as the crow flys but can take at least an hour to get to in the evening.She lived in her own home in Chesterfield until very recently,after a spell in hospital she decided she was too afraid to go home.She is self funding so the likes of Social Services do not want to know. The home we initially chose in great haste turned out to be appalling-like something out of a horror film.The place appeared on the surface to be ok and the owner made all the right noises when my sister called to see it. We had checked the government reports and they were quite good as well, we had to find a place as quickly as possible, as the hospital in Chesterfield where Gran was decided she no longer needed a medical bed but could not go to a community hospital as she would not benefit from rehabilitation. We had about three days to find a place.They Bupa home is lovely but just a bit far out for daily visits.We would be grateful for any feedback on local facilities.
Wednesday 7 September 2005 8.17pm
The Tower Bridge care centre, bricklayers roundabout, (where Tower bridge road meets Old Kent Rd) my partners Mother has been in there for 5 years, he says it is ok.

Diane x
Tuesday 13 September 2005 11.02am
My mother is in St Olaves, Ann Moss Way, Rotherhithe, with which I am very happy.
Tuesday 13 September 2005 12.44pm
Your right Mark, your Mother always looks smiley when I say hello to her...was she a tennis player? as during one of her chats to another resident, she told them that she played tennis all over the world.
She seems to have settled in very well.
Monday 19 September 2005 2.36pm
Jan, she was a good amateur player, and lived in Kenya for many years, so it's kind of true!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: