HOW many coffee shops in TBR?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 8 September 2005 1.24pm
Well, we have SOBO, which never seems to have more than a couple of tables occupied.

And there's a strange shop next door to SOBO that has just opened up - I'm not quite sure what it offers as there's no board up, just a long chiller cabinet and apromise of 'worldwide foods'.

And the florist on the corner of Grange Road has been sold and now contains a chiller cabinet.

Where is the demand for coffee?
Thursday 8 September 2005 3.30pm
(I absolutely agree with you, but)

you could say, compared to the rash of Star*uckses in other parts of SE1, that TBR is a bit short on coffee opportunities.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 8 September 2005 3.47pm
what would people like to see in TBR-maybe an enterprising soul will see our wish list!

I miss the shop that used to be like Kennadys with the cheeses and the meats-we need a good Deli type shop (on that line does anybody know what is happening to the shop in Long Lane on the corner with Wilds Rents??)
Thursday 8 September 2005 5.21pm
Is this a good time for me to suggest more "Send money home" shops?

Thursday 8 September 2005 5.29pm
SoBo does a roaring trade, in my opinion.
Thursday 8 September 2005 5.56pm
?It sells lions?

Thursday 8 September 2005 6.13pm
Groan.
Friday 9 September 2005 3.50am
That is a an African food shop - seems to be run by French people. I'm not sure if they are aware that TBR/OKR is the epicenter of Nigerian food in London. Hopefully they are trying to do something new or different, because otherwise they will ket killed by the folks making authentic food.

The problem with that shop as well as SOBO is the long & narrow layout. of the floorplan A good coffee shop location should be more pub-shaped w confy chairs couches etc. You can only get so comfy you can get in a concrete tube! with stiff pretty chairs

The Mapmaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And there's a strange shop next door to SOBO that
> has just opened up - I'm not quite sure what it
> offers as there's no board up, just a long chiller
> cabinet and apromise of 'worldwide foods'.

Friday 9 September 2005 7.53am
as long as the pie and mash shop stays open.....funny enough DeeDee I found some photos of Jack in his shop ( Youngs) the other day, that wonderful old clock, the mahogany and white glass partitions..( when I found out he was closing the shop I took a few quick snaps..) then I remembered his wife Doris, always immaculate, beautifully made up, dark brown hair set like the queens, a real pearl necklace with a saphire clasp. Then young Mary who had worked there since she was a teenager..I'm rambling again!

I think it's now called Dolla (?) sells wigs etc.

I'm probably repeating myself again...sorry...:-(
Friday 9 September 2005 7.59am
Jan, your stories deserve a thread of their own and it would be my favourite.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: