Fancy a kick about? (Football)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 25 October 2002 3.22pm
Hello,

I've recently moved to the area and wanted to know if anyone has a fairly non-serious football team / regular kick-about organised that they'll let me join in with. I'm 25, of average standard and just looking to play once a week or so for the fun of it - probably 5-A-side.

Thanks

Dave
Jai
Sunday 27 October 2002 1.10am
I'll join you... or help you make a team !

Varkenslachter
Monday 28 October 2002 10.43am
OK - Looks like I'll probably try and set up a regular booking for one night of the week at a leisure centre in / near the area. Can anybody recommend anywhere? I think I can probably find about 8 people who'll want to play - but experience shows that you need about 15 in total to get at least 10 each week - so if anybody else fancies it let me know. It looks like it'll be Tuesday evenings, maybe from next week if I get my act together.... More later.
Jai
Monday 28 October 2002 11.20am
I can do Tuesdays... just not this week or next... I'll be basking in the sun on some remote island !

Varkenslachter
Monday 28 October 2002 1.46pm
I'm interested.
Wednesday 30 October 2002 4.11pm
I'm quite shite,but might be useful in goal
Wednesday 30 October 2002 4.54pm
I'm quite shite too - even in goal and haven't played for a year and a half because of ankle injury but I am up for it

Southwark park has a five a side pitch for hire, but the person who has prices availability is not there today, I'm not about tomorrow (thurs) so someone want to give her a call? Michelle Saunders 7237 3296

Mondays are bad for me
Thursday 31 October 2002 9.28am
Hello Darwish, Biscuit Boy, Jai and Stiofan...

Thanks for your interest. It now looks like we'll have enough people for regular 5-A-Side - hopefully I'll be able to bring at least 5 mates.

It seems like Tuesdays are OK for everyone (please let me know if it isnt) - but next Tuesday is 5th November, so how about we say Tuesday 12th provisionally as our 1st game? Time and venue to be confirmed - but I'll try for in SE1 or as near to as possible (preferably indoors) - hopefully about 6.30 / 7pm start if I can. Dont worry about being crap - most of us are and haven't really played for a year.

Dave
Jai
Thursday 31 October 2002 10.51am
Nice...

well done Dave. I won't be able to join you for the first game, as I'll be on holiday... don't count me out though... will join in as soon as I'm back.

Varkenslachter
Thursday 31 October 2002 12.46pm
12th sounds good to me.
I think they might have a hall available at the crappy Elephant & Castle leisure centre SE1 and I have an axcess card which could get a discount!?!

What age are you guys anyway?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: