Live music in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 22 September 2005 8.01pm
Does anyone know of any pubs/ venues with live music in SE1 on weekdays? Thanks.
Wednesday 28 September 2005 10.15pm
Weekdays? no. Weekends?.........no
Jac
Thursday 29 September 2005 8.00am
The river bar on Tower Bridge road has a jazz band on thurs evenings
mac
Thursday 29 September 2005 9.19am
I was in The Camel on Lower Marsh last night and noticed that they had a sign saying Live Jazz on monday nights
Thursday 29 September 2005 10.08am
One of the problems is the music licence situation. It costs so much to get one, that unless places are going to rely on frequent music to attract custom and really be a music venue more than just a pub, then they usually dont bother. There are a few places that do more occasional informal music without a licence, but I'm not going to publicise them on record, for obvious reasons!

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 29 September 2005 10.09am by The Unladylike Ms. Jo.
Thursday 29 September 2005 12.11pm
the hartley - yes I know it's everyone's favourite (TFIC) - has acoustic singers on Tuesdays. They seem to have three regulars who work in rotation. One is very good, one is ok, haven't see the third though.
Tuesday 4 October 2005 1.15pm
The Three Stags opposite the Imperial War Museum (but perhaps just outside SE1) has Jazz on a Monday or Tuesday night, I believe. I noticed the amps amd mic stands in there on Sunday, so I assume it is still running.

Regards
Circus minimus
Tuesday 4 October 2005 9.41pm
The Wine Wharf on Stoney Street do the odd jazz gig during the week which is great fun, plus good food and excellent wine, but this is pretty erratic so you'd have to contact them for a heads up of their next event.
Saturday 21 January 2006 10.32pm
The Stage door in Webber Street behind the Old Vic has live music on Saturday evenings, we have been a couple of times. Can get very busy but we usually manage to get a table.
Are there any more at weekends that anyone knows about??
Sunday 22 January 2006 1.19am
One of the neighbours gets a bit lairy after a few Lambrusco's of an evening and regales us with a selection of Dolly Parton numbers - does that count as live music? In our opinion she sounds like a cat stuck in a washing machine but it never did Nana Mouskouri's career any harm.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: