Metalheads/rock lovers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 26 September 2005 12.47am
Well seeing as SE1 is quite famous for its dance music and well....basically chavism, I, as a rocker/metalhead, wonder if there are any other like-minded people in the area.
What venues do you like?
Going to any gigs in the future?
Greenday fans need not apply.

Thanx
Anonymous User
Monday 26 September 2005 11.31am
We mostly love Coldplay here.

Is an SE1 doner a type of kebab?

Edited to add can you be more specific of your likes? & to say that I'm *really* bored today.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 26 September 2005 11.32am by Birdie.
Monday 26 September 2005 3.23pm
Coldplay - a band soooo dull, that I fell asleep during their name ;-)

Anyway aren't Coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol et al all the same band? They all sound to me like fingernails being scraped down a Thom Yorke....IMHO, of course!

SE1doner - I'm with you!
Anonymous User
Monday 26 September 2005 3.44pm
I was not being truthful proclaiming fondness of the king of bland, I was just feeling contrary!

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/37783
Monday 26 September 2005 3.45pm
SE1doner!

I didn't think there are any of us in the vicinity. I'm not sure there is anywhere in the area. I still nip up the Dublin Castle in Camden from time to time on a Saturday to see live music. I don't really do clubs any more and never found a satisfactory one in London cos they always seemed to be on during the week when I'm working. Used to go to Alien Night Life at the San Moritz on Wardour Street about three years ago (which was better then it sounds, but still ropey), but is now a sub-standard indie-schmindie, and not even proper indie-schmindie, but Starsailor, etc.

Plus I only have one friend who really enjoys that kind of music (cos it's all just a laugh really innit) and so my rock days are dictated by when she is free.
Monday 26 September 2005 7.00pm
wow, surprised by the responses. nice to see we are not alone, i like to get up to candem in the weekends too, its probably the last place i know to see live rock/metal. i do like Mean Fiddler too, next door to Astoria.
To get an idea of what your into, whats your fav band at the mo? I've been getting into Disturbeds new album and Chimaira too.

\m/
Tuesday 27 September 2005 10.35am
SE1doner,

You do realise that you're on the verge of starting a major schism of the "Considerably more metal than you" variety don't you?

For myself - in the last few months I've seen: Nightwish, Backyard Babies, Ginger Wildheart, Nine Inch Nails, Hayseed Dixie, The Finn Brothers, Judas Priest, Lordi and Mark Knopfler. And the last album I bought was Foo Fighters - 'In Your Honor'

But my favourite band is probably The Wildhearts.

So as you can see - a pretty varied selection!
Tuesday 27 September 2005 10.45am
I'm looking forward to the season of Julie Andrews films at the nft in Nov. Does that count?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 27 September 2005 10.00pm
Not to worry I like a lot of different bands too, i love System of a Down, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin etc

Just wanted an idea of the whole rock/metal fan base in se1, good to see a few responses. Love Nightwish, you heard the snowman tune?(walking in the air) live? shes amazing.
Don't know if the Prodigy count, probably not but they are cool too

\m/
Wednesday 28 September 2005 8.52am
So Julie Andrews is OK? Or not?

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: