I need a Christmas venue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 28 September 2005 3.50pm
It's that time of year again! I need to find a venue for a Christmas party. This will be for about 15 people and I would like to keep the cost to about 10 - 15 a head.

This will be for a group of expats, so anything quintessentially "London", "Dickension" or with similar mystique would be welcome. Our age group spans from early 20s to late 50s so atmosphere-wise it would need to be fairly "neutral". The venue could offer food / beverage facilities on site, or could allow us to bring in our own food / drink (bear in mind that the cost of 15 / person would have to cover venue hire fees AND food).

I am looking for the venue for the last week in November. I also welcome corporate promotions so if you're looking to introduce a product or service (maybe food for the evening, or something else we could offer as a door prize?) let me know :-)

Anonymous User
Wednesday 28 September 2005 4.10pm
15 a head is quite a tight budget for central London Christmas parties Chris. Your best bet would be to find a pub that you think fits your bill and see if they will reserve an area for you then you can put all of your cash behind the bar.

You could do worse than look at www.toptable.co.uk - they have a free party planning service which caters for groups of all sizes and will work within your budget.
Wednesday 28 September 2005 7.13pm
You may spot this ad appearing on this site:

Accessing Toptable via this link will help to support this website.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 September 2005 9.37pm
H oly smoke...fifteen quid a head...you are pushing it unless you are going to make do with a beer and a sandwich...
Thursday 29 September 2005 10.21am
Or speak to the staff at the George on Borough High Street - it is a pub and is hugely Dickensian ... they might be able to do something for you
Thursday 29 September 2005 10.54am
Hi all -

Thanks for the helpful tips. I have used the TopTable site before and have never been disappointed.

You're right about 15 / person being low. I have to bear in mind that several members of our group are students, and others will be flying in from the Continent with the associated costs of travel - let alone all the other good reasons to spend money around Christmas! Hence, the low budget. I ran something last year where someone was kind enough to donate the venue and we brought in our own catering (M&S and sponsored wine). While that was a one-off, I'm looking to put together something in a creative manner that will have the same positive effect on atmosphere and cost again this year.

I like Julie's suggestion of The George. That's a good line of thought and will pursue that...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: