TopNotch@London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 30 October 2002 4.10pm
Does anyone recomend it.
What r the good/bad points there?
Thanx
Jai
Wednesday 30 October 2002 4.25pm
It's cheap, and they have multiple gyms around london. Lots of machines, and enough aerobic machinery for people not to have to wait. The free-weights area is a little on the small side, but has everything you need. Don't go there for the swimming pool. It's one of these, that if you're to dive in at one end, you'll be hitting your head at the other. They have varying classes, although I've not actually used this service yet. One gripe for me, is that they could spend a little more effort on hygiene. It's not bad, but could be better.

oh yeah, they don't provide towels. (another gripe)

Varkenslachter
Monday 4 November 2002 11.40am
Unhelpful staff
Terrible classes
Unhygenic
Terrible hours of operation

The only reason to join is because they are conveniently located.
Friday 8 November 2002 2.26pm
Top Notch is OK, it may have minor problems with maintenance (fixing things seems to take forever) and the opening hours are restricted (not till 10am on Sundays) but it's relatively cheap, the machinery is good and usually there's no queue for it. I think the pool is great - time it right at the weekend and you can often get it all to yourself ( though it could be a few degrees warmer and occasionally they seem to have problems with water quality). Given the limited choice of gyms in the area and the price I would definately recommend it (joining one Top Notch also means you can use others around the country).
I did see a planning application for a new gym in Druid St but nothing seems to have come of it (yet).
Friday 8 November 2002 8.35pm
I recommend Fitness Exchange at Cottons, on Tooley Street, nr Hays Galleria. I joined about 9 months ago after doing a bit of research on gyms in the area and I really like it. The staff are polite and helpful, it's clean and it has a nice pool (20m length) which is pretty quiet off peak. And you get free towels. The classes (if you're interested) are good and they do stuff like pilates and yoga which you can go to with your off-peak membership.
I seem to remember it was about the same price as Top Notch when I joined (for off-peak membership).
I have a voucher which can be used for five consecutive days for 5 if you want it (you would pay the gym the fiver, not me!)
They have a website at www.fitness-exchange.net.
Wednesday 20 November 2002 5.28pm
go to Cannons and finish with it. the rest are all dirty
Wednesday 20 November 2002 5.59pm
Along the river there's a fantastic gym where you can run, cycle, skate, jump up and down, and have a really nice drink afterwards.

I think it's called The Embankment or something like that.

Best of all, there's a special offer at the moment of free membership for life.

Unfortunately, they don't provide towels, and the staff are unhelpful to the point of being invisible.
Tam
Thursday 21 November 2002 1.14pm
Do they supply umbrellas and thermal underwear too?
Oli
Friday 22 November 2002 3.49pm
took up a free 2 week trial last week and been a few times.
I couldn't help wondering why they seemed so desperate to get people to join?
Now I know...
I won't be paying to continue my membership. I would rather forgo the dirty facilities, peculiar clientele, incompetent staff and inconvenient opening times...
Wednesday 27 November 2002 11.18pm
WHAT? Go and look at Topnotch class timetable compared to most gyms in London....Don't know where you train in SE1 that has better classes?????
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: