Honest cabbege

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 October 2002 7.09pm
Hey guys good news for some?
Bad news for others the cabbege is now permenatley shut
Lets hope that someone turns it into a trendy wine bar
Thursday 31 October 2002 9.49am
thought it was just closed as the lost their gas supply? well thats what it said on the door earlier this wk
Monday 4 November 2002 8.27pm
A letter on the door from the proprietors, Fred and Alex, confirms that the HC has closed down for good and is for sale. They cite problems with the Honest Goose as being the root cause of the restaurant's demise. The owners thank the customers for their support and wish the forthcoming Bermondsey Kitchen every success.

I know that the HC had its ups and downs, but the idea was good and a bit more time could have seen it blossom again. Above all else, the HC's formula of good english cooking (sublime chips) was perfect for the area. Bermondsey Street deserves some buzzing restaurants and I hope the owners have the enthusiasm and get the backing to give us another taste of their talents in the near future.
Tuesday 5 November 2002 10.36am
Well, I'm really sad. It was the only really good, chilled place to eat in the area, specially on a Sunday readin the papers. Cheers to the guys who ran it for those years, me and my mates had many good times there.

What's the Bermondsey Kitchen, Digger?
Tuesday 5 November 2002 3.38pm
Just to be clear: is this an open or shut cabbage? We were hoping to head down there for our Christmas lunch, but looks like we may be out of luck. Any other good local recommendations, anyone?
Tuesday 5 November 2002 3.49pm
I think the full title is "The Bermondsey Bar and Kitchen". It's a soon-to-be-opened restaurant/bar with a Mediterranean accent, if I remember it right. About opposite the Parish Church at the south end of Bermondsey Street. The chippies were in last time I looked.

There was a thread here some time ago with a message from the owner, but knowing the way the threads can drift off topic, you maye to use the search engine to find it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: