Norwegians moving in...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 6 October 2005 8.35pm
Hi everyone,

we're a Norwegian couple moving to Bermondsey this autumn. When deciding on where in London to live, we looked around in the inner areas of London. But we prefered the laid-back but still lively atmosphere of Bermondsey and ended up renting a small appartment in the Leathermarket Court. I guess it was a lunch at the Garrisson that won us over....

As you might expect, the advices we got when moving to London was "look north of the Thames", but the places we went there were either too expensive or too sterile, for example in Whapping.

I think Bermondsey has a very good mix of still being a genuine place and not too developed, but with the benefit of having some very nice restaurants/bars, and seemingly being a place where there many things going on.

Anyway, looking forward to being a part of the community soon. Just wanted to say hello to you all.

Espen & Elisabeth

Thursday 6 October 2005 10.37pm
Hei Espen & Elizabeth,

Welcome to the neighbourhood - even if I'm living a little distance away from it myself at present!

Sit yourselves down, have a cup of tea and check out the 'socials' board on the forum for when the next opportunity to meet the friendly folks here will arise.

Andrew

Friday 7 October 2005 3.20pm
Hi Espen &Elisabeth. My wife is Norwegian and we had about the same thoughts when we decided to move here from West London.

Anyway, I'm sure she'd love to meet some "landsmenn" here in the neighbourhood! Send me a PM or an e-mail and perhaps we can meet up for a beer or coffee when you get here. Also if you have questions about moving to London in general, I'm sure she'd have a lot to tell you from a Norwegian perspective.

Osamede
Friday 7 October 2005 3.48pm
And thank you for the christmas tree Norway sends to Trafalgar Sq every year.
Maybe we could have one for Borough High Street this year to celebrate your arrival.
Friday 7 October 2005 6.29pm
Who sent us the pigeons
Friday 7 October 2005 9.07pm
Espen and Elisabeth;
Welcome, I love Norwegians.
Friday 7 October 2005 10.41pm
Thanks for your replies...! This forum is just so nice - being able to say hello to people in our new neighbourhood and all...

Anyway, I'll put in a good word for putting up the next Norwegian christmas tree somewhere in SE1. Move over, Trafalgar Sq. I think Bermondsey square would make a prime location.

See you soon,

Espen & Elisabeth

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 7 October 2005 10.50pm by espen.
Saturday 8 October 2005 7.00am
a man called Tharg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who sent us the pigeons

Dunno, but no prizes for guessing where the Norwegian brown rat comes from..... :-)

Saturday 8 October 2005 8.58am
Do make sure to go to the socials thread of the forum...we have a Firework Night gathering on our terrace on 5th November and welcome any SE1ers, and then we have the Christmas Dinner which, if last year is anything to go by, is a blast. Look forward to meeting you!
Monday 10 October 2005 9.23am
Osamede Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a man called Tharg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who sent us the pigeons
>
>
> Dunno, but no prizes for guessing where the
> Norwegian brown rat comes from..... :-)
>
>

??The Stranglers??

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: