Nurseries in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 11 October 2005 7.38am
Has anyone discovered any good nurseries in SE1? We are likely to need some help for our pending baby from about 6 months onwards. Always great to hear recommendations. Grange Road area would be ideal, but I hear there is a good Montessori one at Waterloo?
Tuesday 11 October 2005 8.08am
there have been some threads on this before-some friends children were at the Ark in Crosby road from 6 months and they recommended it but there is a waiting list (as with all Creches and nurseries) so you will need to put your name down early i.e. as soon as baby is born!!.
I can recommend Little Acorns in St James Road as my son had a very happy time there but they only take children from 2 years to 5 years
Tuesday 11 October 2005 9.23am

Waterloo nursery, currently on Westminster Bridge Road is about to move to somewhere closer to Borough tube - I understand from friends that it is very good.

Regards,

Loafer
Wednesday 12 October 2005 12.28am
hello,

i definitely second the ARC nursery, evnthough there is indeed a long waiting list.
i would also recommend to look into the possibility of a registered childminder for a young baby. we started with a fantastic childminder for our daughter at about 6months old and she moved to arc when she was a little over 2yrs old.
(btw. you can get the list of childminders and local nurseries from the council)
hope this helps

schnake
Sunday 27 August 2006 8.09pm
Hi: I'm new to your website. I have lived in SE15 for 20 years but am getting in touch on behalf on my daughter, AJ (who doesn't have a computer) about nurseries for her daughter, Myah, who is 17 months old. AJ has moved to the Meakin estate off Tower Bridge Road. I will tell her about the Ark and Little Acorn from comments posted previously, just wanted to make sure there weren't any new ones/fresh comments.
Also, while I'm here. I often look after my granddaughter and because of the congestion charge, have to pick up/decant Myah, in Webb Street, opposite Rothsay Street, even though the latter is a cul-de-sac. Is London Transport for real? There is a camera in the road! Hello. How can anyone congest London by smashing their way through a cds? I'm sure you have all fought this battle so I'd love to hear from you.
There's lots more we want to know but that's quite enough for now.
Monday 28 August 2006 7.10am
We used the Crosby Road "Summer Activities" for my two grandchildren during this last month, and I thought the nursery school looked great. But the parking problem was such that I had to drive all the way home and leave the car. Where DOES one park if one is alone with two small children? As it was I left them there with their mother.
Tuesday 29 August 2006 10.20am
the coin sreet nursery in upper ground is said to be excellent, but only from 2 yrs I think. Ours went to coral in waterloo, which was good.
KC
Tuesday 29 August 2006 12.02pm
Hi,

The Montessori Nursery at Waterloo is St. Patricks in Cornwall Road.

My little boy goes there and I can definitely recommend it. He has been going since he was six months old and has recently moved from the creche to the pre-school (he is now 17 months). The staff are great, the pre-school is now very stimulating and overall the cost (although expensive) is cheaper than the Arc and the new Broad Horizons in the Tabard Street development.

Good luck in your search.
KC
Tuesday 29 August 2006 12.58pm
We have been lucky enough to get our baby daughter in the Arc (we had to join a lengthy waiting list- we applied in Jan, and got a place, as hoped in Sept. It seems a lovely set up. She starts her inauguration period today, so will report on progress!
Wednesday 30 August 2006 5.05am
Can highly recommend the Arc on Crosby Row; my little boy has been there since 6 months and he's now the grand old age of 3.5 and still enjoying it. As far as waiting lists go, it can also depend on how flexible you are with days required as Tues/Weds/Thurs tend to be premium ...

And most importantly go and visit them all - you can't beat your gut instinct!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: