Clothes alterations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 11 October 2005 11.59am
I need some trousers hemming and am not going to do them myself. Has anyone had good/bad/quick/slow service on similar work from anywhere in the area roughly between Bricklayers Arms, Sthk Bridge Rd, London Bridge and Tower Bridge please?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 11 October 2005 12.06pm
The dry cleaners in tower bridge road by barclays used to be very good -not used them for a while. The other one does alterations as well but i have not tried them.
Tuesday 11 October 2005 12.25pm
Don't be so lazy. Get some iron on hemming Wundaweb from Woolworths and do the job in
10 mins yourself. And you do a better job as you can hem them at a slight angle so they're slightly
shorter at the front over the shoe.
Tuesday 11 October 2005 1.37pm
Wear platforms
Tuesday 11 October 2005 2.51pm
I've had several pairs of trousers taken up by the dry cleaners on East St (just past the Library) and they've always done a good job - about 5.

Also, a tailors opened on Tower Bridge Rd (next to Lloyds Bank) a few months ago. I've not used them but you can watch them working through the window as you stand in the cashpoint queue and they look pretty good.
Tuesday 11 October 2005 4.22pm
thanks plum, dee dee.

["nuts" to you, phoney, bmovie ;0) ]

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 12 October 2005 12.17am
The one near Lloyds bank is okay, but I not exceptional turnaround time. Also I don't know how "professional" they are on the tailoring side (dry cleaning is fine, not debating that....too much). For example I went in there a while back to get a button replaced and the don't even have any buttons on hand. What sort of tailor is that?

In contrast the tailor further north on Tower Bridge Road (closer to the vegetable shop, lighting shop etc) immediately fund a button sewed it on and I left there in less than 5 minutes. If I had tailoring to do, I'd go there first.

That's not to knock the other guys. I do use them regularly for laundering and dry cleaning. I find them to be very service oriented and positive. Exceptionally so by London standards in fact. But I'd wonder about a tailor that doesn't have any buttons, you know?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: