Art gallery 67 - Newcomen St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 16 October 2005 9.30am
Went across to sainsbury for some bread and walking back along Newcomen St I stopped to look in the window of Art Gallery 67. Lots of 'limited edition' prints, assuming you consider 500 to be limited. I imagine they only knock up a few dozen and if they sell well they have the option of going back and making some more. I didn't see anything in the window that stirred my emotions.
And they even have a scene of the advertising hoarding from the Elephant & Castle dated 1995. I'm not surprised it's still for sale 10 years later.
My camera battery light was red so not a good pic below.
Most of the prints were by a D.Dianati but a quick google didn't throw any light on this artist's pedigree.

I have lot's of prints on my walls - Edward Hopper, Kandinsky, Lichtenstein, Appel, Heron, Boyd etc;
I'm afraid Dianati seems bland in comparison.
Sunday 16 October 2005 10.29am
i like Dianati's stuff. He used to display at the art shop further up Borough High st, I'm sure his blurred-looking watercolours of London's river are familiar to lots of people here.
Sunday 16 October 2005 2.28pm
Call me tight if you will but I went down to the E&C shopping centre to buy some batteries for camera
and doorbell.
4 Duracell plus AA in woolies are 3-79. They don't do them in larger packs.
20 Duracell plus AA in argos are 9-99. That's a saving of 9 quid.

2 Duracell C in woolies are 3-79. They don't do 4 packs.
4 Duracell C in argos are 4-49. That's a saving of over 3
Total saving 9 by just going a few extra yards. I hate being ripped off.
I bought Duracell Ultra in tesco last time and they didn't last any longer than the plus type.

And on the way back I took a pic of St Georges under scaffolding 16 Oct 2005 3pm.
I wonder how many years before the scaffoloding is removed?
Sunday 16 October 2005 4.39pm
The programme of work on the church is to projected to take 55 weeks, which some feel to be optimistic - but 'years' it's not.
Wednesday 19 October 2005 9.23am
My office is next door to Dianati. Poor guy has had his window broken by vandals. Nice welcome to the neighbourhood.
Thursday 17 November 2005 11.11am
I really like D.Dianti's stuff too.
He also does really great cards (only 2.50).
i think he is having an exhibition tonight (thursday 17th).
Thursday 17 November 2005 12.33pm
I really love Dianati's work and he has an amazing history! I will definitely be going to the exhibition tonight!!!!!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: