Renting out Flat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 7 November 2002 9.55pm
I am trying to rent out my 2 bed flat next to the Bricklayers Arms but things seem to be very slow on the rental front at the moment. Any comments on how other people have seen the rental market in the locality? Also who is the typical person renting in the area?

Feedback I have had to date from the agents has been that things are pretty slow, rents still weak and the area's main appeal is to students + young professionals / grads as it is still very much "up & coming"...
Friday 8 November 2002 1.41pm
it's even slow in super reliable shad thames. worst in fact in 15years! for me anyway. those that can afford it are still buying rather than "miss out'' on the madly climbing prices plus there's loads of rentals to choose from. maybe you should sell before the crash?!
Thursday 14 November 2002 7.44pm
try u can post ads there. its a site for antipodeans in london
Monday 18 November 2002 11.28am
are you going through agents or trying to rent privately?
Monday 18 November 2002 11.39am
Both! With a couple of local agents as well as ads in loot, and a couple of websites. Flexible on price but problem is always getting the time to do private viewings.

Things seem very slow, all suggestions welcome! Thanks for the advice on selling Colin - reckon on balance its worth keeping hold of as viewing as lon term investment but clearly argument doesnt work if its empty!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: