Polish Delicatessen - Pierogies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 20 October 2005 8.42am
Hi All, I was wondering whether anyone knew of a Polish Delicatessen in or around the SE1 area that sells pierogies? Thanks! :c)
Thursday 20 October 2005 9.45am
Does that Krakowanker place on OKR do them?
Thursday 20 October 2005 10.15am
Lil - what's a pierogie?
Thursday 20 October 2005 10.44am
Hi Jan, a pierogie is similar to a ravioli, but has various fillings, potato, cheese, sauerkraut. This website has the branded ones, not the fresh ones sold in the delis, but at least gives a visual.

http://www.pierogies.com/

Lil :c)
Thursday 20 October 2005 10.54am
Have you checked the Lithuanian version of this at the shop near London Bridge Station?
Thursday 20 October 2005 11.33am
Pierogi! (correct plural) My number one fave food. But none are ever quite like my mum's. Eat with lashings of melted butter.

The Lituanian shop has frozen ones, but they are pretty average, and I cant seem to manage to cook them without them falling appart.

I did not see them in the place on the OKR.

The other place that had them very briefly is the health food shop on Lower Marsh. They were made and frozen by a Polish lady and were very good. They were sold there briefly but I have not seen them there for years.

If you find a good source, let me know please!
Thursday 20 October 2005 12.36pm
They sound lovely. Anyone who has a Lead, please let us know.
Thursday 20 October 2005 12.58pm
Thanks very much for all the posts. In regards to the Lituanian shop, near which exit of London Bridge station is it closest to, is it on the same strip as Rymans?
ADT
Thursday 20 October 2005 1.18pm
There is a Polish delicatessen and restaurant on New Kent Road - opposite Driscoll House.
Thursday 20 October 2005 1.48pm
I may amble around new kent road later Lil - they sound mouthwatering....:-)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: