Costa Coffee

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 21 October 2005 11.10am
I'm sure other eagle eyed SE1ers have noticed - a new Costa Coffee is opening on the ground floor of Maya House in Borough High Street, just south of 'always out of stock' Sainsburys - slightly unusual location but more welcome [IMO] than *****ucks. OOOh we're getting so mainstream, Anyone taking bets on Pret arriving nearby soon?
Friday 21 October 2005 11.18am
Pret's not far away on London Bridge Street

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 21 October 2005 11.31am
I hate Costa. Do they still allow smoking?
Friday 21 October 2005 11.48am
Re Pret, I meant perhaps they may look at setting up at that end of the High Street. The queue in Sainsburys at lunch time often ends up back at the entrance door so there seems to be a potential demand for 'instant' as opposed to made on the spot sandwiches.

I've no idea if Costa allow smoking - I much prefer Monmouth coffee so I doubt if I'll be investigating if they do or not!
HF
Friday 21 October 2005 12.04pm
Just a comment on Sainsbury's - it is so cr*p!

I agree it is ALWAYS out of stock and the little that's left of the sandwiches are just pitiful. I know, I know, I should make my own and I do more and more but I'm lazy. I know Sainsbury's is losing in the supermarket wars and I can see why.

Friday 21 October 2005 11.16pm
I'd prefer Tas café any day. I like the idea of supporting a small local company over a chain. Konditor and Cook also do great coffee.
Saturday 22 October 2005 11.26am
I see in the Press today that in the US Starbucks , next Spring, are going to introduce a religion based Inspirational Text on their paper cups. Oh dear.
Saturday 22 October 2005 12.08pm
Yes, why on earth would you buy a cup of coffee from Costa when Monmouth is just up the road? The best coffee in the district, period.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: