Local demand for horse blankets

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 22 October 2005 3.47pm
'What the dickens can this have to do with SE1?' I hear you say.

Well, last week Lidl on the OKR (I think they just about squeeze into SE1 although they may be 10 yards outside) were selling horse blankets at bargain price.

I really cannot imagine they had much demand for them in SE1. Their stocking policy must be somewhat peculiar...
Saturday 22 October 2005 4.35pm
Believe it or not, there are stables (with horses) at the corner of St James' Road and Rolls Road. Nearest place apart from that would be Dulwich or somewhere like Hyde Park....!!!
Sunday 23 October 2005 7.29am
Well thank goodness for that, I was getting desperate. The horses are shivering out there and stamping their hooves and snorting into their nose bags and not a blanket for miles...back from Tel Aviv this weekend and will be dashing to Lidl's lickety split to stock up. Actually horse blankets are of very tough stuff and will probably be useful for the following: putting on the sofa or the back of the car for the dogs/children;picnics; keeping dry at football matches...the list is endless!
Sunday 23 October 2005 12.55pm
Are they blankets for horses or horsehair blankets?
Sunday 23 October 2005 2.31pm
I know there are, LC - the nearest place for the Ivanhoes to get manure for their tomatoes. But still, I doubt they shop in Lidl for budget horse blankets...

Blankets for horses. I think a blanket made from horsehair would be a trifle prickly, Phoney!

Sunday 23 October 2005 7.20pm
My concern is that if we all stampede to Lidl and buy their Horse Blankets en masse (assuming the colours are accceptable) then the Stock Controllers at Lidl Head Office will imagine there's a demand for equine related items on OKR and Lidl will be chocka (Not 'chucka' you will note) with curry combs and the like.
Sunday 23 October 2005 9.32pm
Ok I'm starting a riding school on our return, in order to make use of the horse blankets.
Sunday 23 October 2005 10.31pm
Well, Caligula's horse went everywhere with him and was accorded the highest honours... but... I'm waiting to see horses lined up in Jackie's garden - transported up in the lift!
Monday 24 October 2005 9.01am
I wonder if they still have them? seriously!
Monday 24 October 2005 9.59am

Phoney said: "Are they blankets for horses or horsehair blankets?"

Just like the old "four candles - fork handles" sketch!

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: