Bermondsey Square regeneration

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 27 October 2005 10.43am
and the 6 foot fences are going up fast. I can't see that they've left any space for the market. Anyone know where the market will be held instead, or anything else about the time scale. I'm sure there muct be a tread about this lurking somewhere...
Sunday 27 November 2005 11.49am
Went past there this morning and the cabbie was almost blinded by the sun shining on hundreds of silver discs on advertisement hoarding facing t.b.road...Very dangerous.
Thursday 27 October 2005 5.52pm
I believe the market will be closed down for quite a while time- a chap with a stall there keeps a flat near us for use on market days, and he was saying that he wouldn't be around for some time. If I see him anytime soon I will enquire and post better information (if some one more up to date than myself hasn't already done so).
Thursday 27 October 2005 10.32pm
Jan, how come you are a month ahead of us?
Friday 28 October 2005 10.34am
I saw the market operating as usual this am - but let us know ADT if you get better info.
Friday 28 October 2005 10.55am
maurits...i float like a butterfly ( a seventeen stone one!) and sting like a bee, and can move the clocks forward...just like that!..:-)
Friday 28 October 2005 11.23am
Do you give courses, by any chance? Sounds like I can learn something here!
Wednesday 2 November 2005 11.01pm
Dear All,
Apologies if this is a dim or dated question, but what's going on with the INSIDE bit of the market that's now been shut for nearly a year?
Is it going to be re-opened? Why is there no note/announcement on the gates telling us what's going on?
Any news would be much appreciated!

Sunday 6 November 2005 8.05pm
It's business as usual at the market. Building work has just commenced on the new Bermondsey Square regeneration which will take at least 18 months to complete. When it's finished there'll be a hotel, cinema, shops and bar...apparently!

More info and image here

This topic has been discussed here before a few times...just search for Bermondsey Square and I'm sure you'll fine more info.
Sunday 6 November 2005 11.08pm

Its going to be very interesting to watch 'developments' on Bermondsey St towards the Square. The old ADT site (mothballed for a couple of years) is now the subject of a planning application for a 130 bedroom hotel. Another bar/restuarant is scheduled to open on the corner of Newham's Row in Feb 2006. At long last, street level action and life is slowly moving south on Bermondsey St and maybe the start of work on Bermondsey Sq will trigger off some action at Acorn Homes' ownership on the corner of Bermondsey St and Long Lane.

I'll continue to watch those spaces.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: