Kids stuff in the evening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 31 October 2005 4.02pm
I remember reading a post on here ages ago to do with entertaining young people of an evening. I can't find it now though. I have my cousin in town, with a 14 and 10 year old in tow, and would like to know what to do with them all for an evenings entertainment - any suggestions welcome and if anyone searches better than me, maybe you can find the previous post?
Monday 31 October 2005 4.11pm
Take them to see the Lion King. Great for kids of any age.

The National is also previewing The Coram Boy which sounds good, and the one about the boy who does ballet (Billy?) has got great reviews. I assume the Globe season has ended. That has a great atmosphere, and they run some theatre workshops for kids alongside performances.

You can stay overnight on the Golden Hinde, or in the Mummy Room at the British Museum, if you pick the right night. (Uncomfortable)

In terms of restaurants, Yo Sushi always seems to be popular with kids. Its the conveyor belt, not the raw fish. Or China Town. Or Taz Pide by the Globe. The safe option is Pizza Express .

Monday 31 October 2005 4.25pm

Do you mean this ?

If so, am seriously impressed by your powers of recall !

What about the IMAX at Waterloo ?

You may also find some good ideas on - it's part of the Visit London site but there's a monthly What's On section which is aimed at kids.

Foodwise - I second Sarah's suggestion of anything with a conveyor, or somewhere like Benihana in Piccadilly where they get to pick their food and it gets cooked in front of them.
Monday 31 October 2005 4.33pm
The IMAX makes my kids sick. We saw the watsit express (Santa express or something) which is being reshown this Christmas, and though I loved the 3Dness the rest of the family wanted to leave.

Another thing that seems to work is a first rate musical. Anything Goes, Singing in the Rain. Alternatively perhaps some classical music, or even opera. Eg focus on what London does best and if it is good enough kids will understand it as well.

Slightly off-beat but the Circus Space in Hoxton is having a season of different performances. One or two are definately not for kids, but the rest should be OK.
Tuesday 1 November 2005 1.56pm
Thanks Siduhe, that was it, and funny to re-read it! Thanks both for the ideas too, in fact having now pulled my head out of my arse, I realise that the night we're talking about is bonfire night (this Friday) and so I just need to find the best display south of Kings Cross....that should keep everyone entertained without having to be quiet, allow us all to catch up and we can do the meal before/after depending on times etc.

Thanks again.
Tuesday 1 November 2005 2.48pm
Surely bonfire night is Saturday 5 th. In which case the only event in town is at J&J. Failing that, the Battersea Park display seems to provide the best balance between crowd control and a good display, though you have to pay.

I don't know of anyone who is doing a display on Friday but a trawl through Council websites should find you something.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: