Traffic jam last night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 November 2005 11.54am
the traffic was horrendous last night, about four bendy buses were standing outisde driscoll house apparently because they were unable to turn back...

everything was at gridlock, after visiting Don I tried to call a mini cab, non available - lurched to the bus stop waited 25 minutes for a bus, stood all the way to tower bridge road, got off near Bus Stop because all was jammed - grange road, t.b.r. old kent road,great dover street all converging on the roundabout was chock-a-block.. It was like the old days ...people were actually walking and talking, nice to the streets awash with people!

By the time I got home I was ready to drop, started to moan to a neighbour who told me that there had been two dreadful road accidents. One near driscoll house and the other at st georges circus. then i felt dreadful moaning, because at least i arrived home...

Did any one else get stuck?

Wednesday 2 November 2005 12.01pm
More on the New Kent Road incident:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1823

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 2 November 2005 12.11pm
As I was cycling home last night at about 7pm, London Road was cordoned off to both traffic and pedestrians. I could see the accident involved a big lorry as some policemen were looking under its front and they had put some sort of blankets up to avoid people looking in. By the sheer number of police, I assumed it was a very nasty accident and I just hope it did not involve any pedestrian or cyclist as it would have most probably proven to be fatal.
Wednesday 2 November 2005 12.30pm
The traffic trying to use Rotherhithe tunnel is also bad as the limehouse link is cliosed in one direction
Wednesday 2 November 2005 1.03pm
I was held up too. Got on a 42 just outside The Bridge House at 6.15 and got off it again at 6.30 no further than the Travel Lodge! Walked all the way down Tower Bridge Road, beating the 42 all the way, and arrived on OKR to get a 63 onwards. Wasn't sure what was going on but it was just gridlock along Tower Bridge Road and Grange Road.
Wednesday 2 November 2005 1.40pm
I walked back along OKR towards town from work at about half five and the traffic was worse than usual. There was a car broken down, blocking one lane at the junction by Tesco. Then later when I went running at about half six, the broken down car had gone, but the traffic had built up even more in both directions. Mrs said that E&C was closed, so she'd had to get off a bus, and the no1 only went as far as Bricklayers. Total traffic chaos - hope it's not that bad tonight.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: