Tank on Mandela Way

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 2 November 2005 7.48pm
Does anyone know who has parked their tank in a garden on mandela way? It is the west end, near the junction with Old Kent Road.
Wednesday 2 November 2005 7.52pm
Here's some info - if you google SE1 you will find out more!

Wednesday 2 November 2005 8.30pm
Try here also for more details.
Wednesday 2 November 2005 9.08pm
tanks for that.
shell we discuss something else?
Thursday 3 November 2005 7.59am
keep that up Paul and you'll get fired! or get the bullet....:-)
Friday 4 November 2005 2.30pm
Anybody know why it went black?
Sunday 6 November 2005 2.21pm
It's owned by the Property Developer who was recently in Court with his teenage son who has 'behavioural issues' (what we used to call 'spoiled brat' in his case) and was expelled from his expensive school (Marlborough? Can't remember) for repeatedly not following school rules.
Sunday 6 November 2005 5.33pm

It might also be worth noting that Russell Gray has been responsible for the quite remarkable restoration of the old Tempo Leather works on Bermondsey St. I just wish that every property developer was as committed as Russell.

Sunday 6 November 2005 7.17pm
Good point, I came out a bit one-sided on that one. I know the man has done good things and I did condemn him unfairly in my last statement.
Monday 7 November 2005 11.50pm
My mum used to work in a cafe and heard of the guy. The tank is there because he owns that land but they-the concil-won't let him build on it. at least thats what shes heard. i think the same guy owes the former car park on crusifix lane.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: