Hairdresser?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 9 November 2005 1.42pm
Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser in the area that isn't going to cost me a fortune? I'm always a little scared about letting strange people near my head with scissors!

Wednesday 9 November 2005 1.52pm
you and me both - hence my hair is almost shoulder-length now since moving to the area.
if anyone can recommend someone I'll be next in line.
ch
Wednesday 9 November 2005 1.58pm
There are a quite a few threads on this (try the search facility) but the two main recent recommendations I've seen are Malishi on Snowsfields and Revival on Tower Bridge Road.

I recently started going to Mariko at Malishi and have nothing but good things to say about her. 35 for a cut and blow dry (including a great head massage).

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/37171
Wednesday 9 November 2005 2.31pm
I second Mariko at Malishi (7403 3332). I'm never keen to try new hairdressers but she's very good and very un-scary. I used to go to Revival but they have recently changed hands, so previous recommendations may be out of date.
Wednesday 9 November 2005 2.33pm
sarah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I second Mariko at Malishi (7403 3332). I'm never
> keen to try new hairdressers but she's very good
> and very un-scary. I used to go to Revival but
> they have recently changed hands, so previous
> recommendations may be out of date.

She's also very cute!
Wednesday 9 November 2005 2.55pm
I recently used the Stress Exchange on Tooley St and had my colour done by Sarah and was really really pleased with that. Nicest I've had it done for a long time, colourwise.
However, a new guy then cut my hair and I was horrified by it- it was right before my 30th birthday party when I obviously wanted to look as gorgeous as possible.
I just wanted a trim to get rid of some of the dry ends, however I ended up having to wear my hair up for about 3 weeks until it had grown a bit.
He cut me a weird lopsided fringe rather than just trimming my usual jaw length layers so it looked like a strange mullet- very long hair at back and then odd fringe from the crown......I actually wept when I got home.
I didn't complain as I am definitely going back for the colour and I use their beauty rooms too.
Wednesday 9 November 2005 3.06pm
i've used studio 109 in Abbey street who are very good and not as pricey as some in the area -25 ish for a cut and blow dry (i have highlights as well as a cut and blow dry which can come to a small fortune)
Wednesday 9 November 2005 5.10pm
I go to Tracey who used to be at Man & Boy, but has now set up her on saloon on Queen Elizabeth Street - Circulo (020 7378 9990). She's really good with my very difficult hair (won't curl, won't layer, won't do any darned thing) and most importantly, she listens! In 3 years, she has never let me down.
Monday 14 November 2005 10.59am
Thanks for the help everyone, I went to Mariko at Malishi on Saturday and was very pleased with the results, will definatly use them again.
Friday 25 November 2005 11.52am
I went to Revival on TBR on Wednesday, hair cut is really nice and the new manager seems ok aswel. Still lots of refurbishment to be done in there though.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network