Tea leaves...well tea leaf!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 November 2005 3.42pm
At three a.m today we heard our car alarm, saw the flashes etc.,my daughter jumped out of bed opened the window and saw a black guy in the car leaning across the driver seat rifling the glove box, she told him to go get paxoed in the gold old anglo saxon way. He got out and ambled along the street casually then got into a black mercedes. It was L reg, my daughter thought the last letters were AMP but could not be sure.
So much for all new technology, he was in the car with the lights on! he left the radio ( that was in the glove box) in all the years that we have lived there with a car parked outside thats the first time it's happened, I think he was looking for my recently acquired Blue Badge, but we always take it out when it's not needed. I have been told that these badges are changing hands at 500, is this hearsay?

More expense for my daughter..:-( the handle on her car reminds me of the old fridge handles that locked...) he prised the little bit of it off..
Thursday 10 November 2005 3.50pm
my dad has a blue badge which as he has a dedicated disabled bay he is supposed to show all the time.After 2 smashed windows to steal them during the night he got a special form to put in overnight so he could remove the blue badge. He was told they sell for quite a bit of money as people use them to park where they are not intitled.
Thursday 10 November 2005 5.18pm
I've probably mentioned it before, but these car break-ins now occur so regularly on friday and saturday nights that i've even heard one say to the other (presumably new recruit) - "take your time" as they rifle through one car then smash the glass to the next parked car and continue unabated by the car alarms.......

Apparently the police are "bored of taking reports..." end quote.

Thursday 10 November 2005 5.50pm
thats a good idea deedee, where did he get it from?
Friday 11 November 2005 9.01am
Jan

The Council-ring the office that deal with the blue badges or go down there they issue them as it is inceasingly becoming a problem. Says a lot about our society I think!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: