Good plumber?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 14 November 2005 11.12am
Can anyone recommend a good plumber (non-emergency, but beyond the reach of this particular DIY-phobe). Can offer details of good plasterer in exchange....

Monday 14 November 2005 12.36pm

Warren Hynes
Docklands Unique Plumbing
45 Bazely Street
London E14 0ES

He did an excellent job fitting a pressurized tank for me. Not the cheapest but his work was almost artistic! He does an annual inspection of the entire building where I live (oops - in SE16) and was recomended to me by the (resident-owned) management of my block.
Monday 14 November 2005 6.53pm
Thanks Possel
Tuesday 17 January 2006 2.59pm
i can second this recommendation. Warren did a great job for us too in SE1.
Tuesday 10 July 2007 2.49pm
An incredibly honest plumber too! He just told me how to fix my boiler over the phone so that he didn't have to come out thus saving me a fortune.
Monday 26 November 2007 2.23pm
Just to add to this thread for folks searching for a good plumber in the future...

I phoned Blue Plumbing late on Sunday night looking for help with a leaking Pressure Relief Valve. Got a call at 09:30 on Monday, had the part by 13:30 and was leak free by 14:15.

Those relief valves are obscure items to find and you can spend days waiting for one "on order" - to get an exact item within 4 hours is triff.

I have no affiliation with the Blue Plumbing boys at all - just a very happy customer who will use them again and recommend.
Friday 11 January 2008 12.21am
I used Blue Plumbing after reading about them on this board but they quoted me based on several hours work, finished the job in under an hour, but charged me the quoted price all the same. I think I will use Pimlico next time.
Friday 11 January 2008 12.44am
I got Blue Plumbing's number off this board, and whilst their proprietor Paul had done several simple jobs for me in the past adequately, his installation of a water pump was disastrous. Within five minutes of him leaving it was leaking, and he didn't respond to my telephone calls asking him to return for four days. He was extremely rude accused me of making it up and cheating him! My previous warning about Blue Plumbing on this forum was removed by a moderator for being "unsubstantiated" which is worryingly censorious. Surely we should be allowed to report back when tradesmen recommended here have let one down?
Friday 11 January 2008 2.50pm
I used MJC plumbing and they were really good.

although they are not mentioned on this broad so I don't know if anyone else has used them

they installed a boiler and changed a few radiators.

I was very pleased with their service and products.
Monday 14 January 2008 11.56am
I used Blue Plumbing in the middle of December. They looked at the boiler but didn't seem to beleive me when I told them there was a problem with the hot water. Eventually they suggested that the fan needed replacement. He took 70 for the fan and said he'd be back before Christmas. I still haven't seen it or him. This is more than three weeks later.

In the mean time I got another plumber in. He found the problem and fixed it - a faulty pressure switch (not a faulty fan)

I have rang up blue plumbing and they have offerred me the fan - what good that is going to do me, I don't know.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: