Wools and yarns

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 23 November 2005 12.37pm
Is there anywhere locally that sells a good selection of wools and yarns?

Wednesday 23 November 2005 1.53pm

Matinee jackets, or bootees, or both?

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 23 November 2005 1.55pm
Deja vu? Haven't we had this thread before.

Are you really up the stick ma'am?
Wednesday 23 November 2005 1.59pm
I can't remember if I've asked this before. Obviously if I did I didn't get any good suggestions as I'm still schlepping over to John Lewis, and getting bored with their yarn. I spent over 60 quid there on Sunday. (And then got head-butted on a bendy bus, but that's another story.)

And no, I'm not pregnant, but several of my friends are.
Wednesday 23 November 2005 2.04pm
I have never heard of any good wool haberdashery type shops other than places up West - the ladies there evidently do a lot of knitting. My sister is a prolific knitter, and she usually buys her wool off the internet I think. I'm not sure what sites she uses, but I could ask her.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 23 November 2005 2.04pm
Wednesday 23 November 2005 4.38pm
I think the answer might be to go to Bromyard (near Hereford, where answers generally come from). They have a number of shops that have orange cellophane on the window to stop the 21st century coming in. Bound to have a proper wool shop.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 23 November 2005 4.52pm
I've only ever purchased from John Lewis and Ebay - but there is a wool shop (called Honor Parry) along the road that runs from Battersea Dogs Home to Latchmere ... I've never been in but it does look very orange cellophane! (great observation, young Hoe)
Wednesday 23 November 2005 6.08pm
Is there still a wool stall in East Lane...phone up market inspectors at southwark and ask....
Thursday 24 November 2005 10.01pm
The wool shop Julie mentioned in Battersea is in Battersea Park Road - I can't remember what number it is though. It is definately orange cellophane and very helpful too. I have been in there but not for a few years now - I don't knit but she had loads of wools and knitting stuff and I'm sure she'd order goods in for you too. I used to go in for sewing bits and bobs. I'm fed up with going to John Lewis too. However, Battersea is just as far.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: