Best place for special meal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 25 November 2005 2.56pm
Promised to buy my folks dinner before Christmas. Have just moved to Bermondsey and want to show them the best we have to offer. Any ideas? Delfina is booked unfortunately.

Thanks,

Chris.
Anonymous User
Friday 25 November 2005 2.57pm
Arancia on Southwark Park Road - you seriously cannot go wrong -it is wonderful.
Friday 25 November 2005 3.07pm
Monday 28 November 2005 3.33pm
Agree with Siduhe Tentazioni is divine (Italian) - not the cheapest, but definitely worth it.
http://www.toptable.co.uk/details.cfm/qs/rid|311/

Lobster Pot in Kennington is supposed to be yum also, tho have never been.
HF
Monday 28 November 2005 4.06pm
Lobster Pot is brilliant but not cheap and the area (and security code to get into the restaurant) might scare your parents.

Champor Champor if you're feeling flush (but not hungry - the portions are tiny) and the Laughing Gravy as an all-round good egg!
Tuesday 29 November 2005 9.37am
The best place for special meat has to be Briss Butchers though Royston Vasey is a bit of a trek from here.
Jac
Tuesday 29 November 2005 12.08pm
I'm with birdie Have lived here 15 years and Arancia still remains my favourite restaurant. Small and friendly, fabulous food, good service and fantastic value for money.
Tuesday 29 November 2005 2.30pm
Another vote here for Champor Champor
Friday 2 December 2005 11.29am
A friend recently recommended La Barca on Lower Marsh, I think it is a bit pricey though. My favourite place for taking family members at the moment is Mar i Terra near Southwark tube/ The cut. Espinicas Catalana, yummy and exciting flamming coffees.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: