Where to buy a Christmas tree?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 26 November 2005 12.09pm
Any recommendations on where to buy a Christmas tree in SE1? I'm looking to find one next weekend. Last year I bought from Sainsburys in Greenwich and was satisfied with quality / price - I am looking for something similar, but closer to home!

On that note, can anyone recommend a cab service which will transport said tree at a reasonable price?

Chris
Saturday 26 November 2005 12.40pm
I always buy mine from Borough Market. Perhaps not the cheapest but always picture perfect.
Sunday 27 November 2005 12.48am
I bought mine last year from a little greengrocer* at the top of Drury Lane.

* - no connection
Sunday 27 November 2005 11.22am
Roots & Shoots are having a Christmas Fair on Saturday 10th December and selling xmas trees at that. Access Walnut Tree Walk/Fitzalan Street, Kennington SE11 T: 020 7587 1131
Sunday 27 November 2005 12.26pm
Grocers on Gt Suffolk St have done us well in the past.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 28 November 2005 4.41pm
We bought ours at a shop on The Cut last year. Not sure which one, I think it was the turksih run one about half way long. Anyway they had quite a good selection outside and were pretty cheap (we also went to Roots and Shoots who are very good and I wholeheartedly support but they were outside our budget). The tree was about 5ft but they had a range. We just carried ours back to Southwark Bridge Road which was fine but I guess it depends on the size you buy and where you live!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: