Sainsbury's Borough High Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Sunday 27 November 2005 4.26pm
I know that this has been mentioned in other Threads but I'm not sure if there's a dedicated Thread for this.

Am going to try to no cuss, but why is this Sainsbury's so bad ... I was there at 15:30 Sunday, filled the basket with bits'n'pieces ... joined a queue of c.15 to see only three checkouts open. I stood for a few minutes, shouted, "Bored Now", and walked out. I know it's odd behaviour but I'm not that desperate for their groceries and am in a position to go elsewhere, as it was I went to M&S at More London and bought similar products. I know that the place is mobbed at lunchtimes and that's to be expected but to expect customers to waste time on the Lords Day ... (TFIC).

We could talk about British Customer Service? Sainsbury's Customer Service? Or you could all choose to ignore my umbrage!
Sunday 27 November 2005 4.38pm
Paul - what did you do with the items you filled you basket with?
Sunday 27 November 2005 7.38pm
Left them in the basket - it's called self serving, or something like that.
Sunday 27 November 2005 10.08pm
Don't you mean selfish? I'm sure the busy staff were glad they had to put your items back.
Sunday 27 November 2005 10.40pm
My 'self-serving' was a play on 'self-service'. I fulfilled my part of the 'bargain' with the supermarket by doing all the donkey work and getting the products in the basket and by joining the queue, expressing a desire to pay for the items. Sainsbury's however chose to ignore a potential customer, if they had more staff on the check outs then perhaps Mr Olivers pay packet might be more quickly filled (Oh how sudddenly he stopped his tirade against the supermarkets when, unexpectedly, the advertising agency he did his old advertising campaign with, re-won the Sainsbury's account).

Yes it was selfish to leave the basket on the floor but time is money and M&S were happy to deal with my Consumerist Attitude quickly and take the Readies off me with a smile.

"The Customer is King", Gordon Selfridge.
Sunday 27 November 2005 11.50pm
If you're upset with Sainbury's relationship with Jamie Oliver and you knew this branch was so bad, why the hell didn't you go to M&S in the first place?

It must have taken you as much time to walk around for a second time as it would to queue at Sainsbury's.

I'm sure M&S took your money with a smile, I imagine the extra pounds you paid to them would gladly fill the bank accounts of their Ad agency, 'this is not just a customer, it's a self centred drama queen customer' maybe if you phoned ahead to Sainsbury's they can form form a guard of honour for your next royal visit .
Monday 28 November 2005 12.05am
Let's see what everyone else has to say on the matter.

Yes, I am a demanding customer but why people tolerate poor service is beyond me. I can afford M&S, they provide the service, I do most grocery shopping on-line as it obviates the need to deal with sloppy service. The fact I was passing Sainsbury's and it's supposed to be a Convenience Store/Supermarket (note the words Convenience and Super!) meant that I went in to get things which I didn't actually need but was prepared to impulse buy, so at the end of the day it's their loss that I don't go regularly because they consistently fail to provide the service ie sliding products in front of a bar-code scanner and taking cash from customers.

Incidentally, I'm not a Drama Queen, just a pissed off non-customer. The businesses I do use regularly recognise Customer Service/Satisfaction. I vote with my wallet.
Monday 28 November 2005 8.20am
I have no idea what biscuit boy's brief is for Sainsburys, but I think he;s being ridiculous. I am one of the people who LONG ago stopped shopping at Sainsburys because of their policy of understaffing the checkouts. The beauty of Tescos, big branches and small, is that they understand that after you've slogged around getting your stuff, standing in a line of people to pay for them for fifteen minutes is just maddening. Many years ago at Sainsbury's in Dulwich, I had this experience. so I went to the manager,and said "Goodness knows you are happy to have the shop jammed with people shopping, and goodness knows you make enough money out of them, so why are you so stingy as to have only 30% of the tills being manned?" "Well, madam," he said, "you'll just have to be patient like everyone else" (I'd waited half an hour at the checkout:). "I see" I said, "well, I shall NEVER shop at Sainsbury's again" and I never did. A while later they decided to jazz up their shops with orange bags and orange baseball caps for the staff. I wrote to them and told them the above story and said no amount of baseball caps would help THAT situation. so they begged me to give them another go. But No Sir!! Paul, you are right to be aggrieved!
Monday 28 November 2005 8.44am
It's an awful branch. Understocked and badly designed.

Always check the use-by dates on the food, as well.
Monday 28 November 2005 9.14am
Yeah, it is a particularly rubbish Sainsbury's; best to go there with spontaneity in mind rather than a shopping list as half the items that were there last time will be out of stock this time. I don't bother visiting there any more.

Paul, why not send this thread to them http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/contactus/contactus.htm ?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: