171-173 Bermondsey Street: New Bar / Pub?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 27 November 2005 10.34pm
Hi,

The application is up in the window. This is just before The Bermonsey Kitchen on the corner of Newhams Row opposite the Bakery. Anyone with info about this?

Applicant name Stronghold Inns Limited

Premises name: Village East

Premises address: 171 - 173 Bermondsey Street SE1 3TQ

New activities sought: Supply of Alcohol (on/off Premises)

Opening Hours.
10.00 - 23.00 Monday to Saturday
12.00 - 22.30 on Sunday

Thanks

Martin
Sunday 27 November 2005 10.53pm
http://www.strongholdinns.co.uk takes you to the Garrison's website...

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 28 November 2005 12.35am
now that's a very interesting sunday evening find ...
Monday 28 November 2005 10.16am
Its a new venture by the guys that run the Garrison- I heard it was going to be a cocktail bar type of place. But could be wrong..
Tuesday 14 February 2006 3.13pm
I can confirm it will be a cocktail bar and restaurant. A little more swanky than the Garrison. Will be quite a nice addition to the street...
Tuesday 14 February 2006 3.44pm
Cool, any idea's on timescale? We are next door, and the pain of walking past everyday without being able to pop in for a cocktail is getting worse :-)
Tuesday 14 February 2006 5.00pm
JimboLou wrote:
I can confirm it will be a cocktail bar and restaurant. A little more swanky than the Garrison. Will be quite a nice addition to the street...

"More swanky"? I would have hoped actually for a more basic offering from them. They already have a ow volume operation with prices that are borderline high. Good food, but I wouldn't like to see any pricier places in the neighbourhood, this isn't Islington or Clerkenwell.
Wednesday 15 February 2006 5.34pm
well no it isn't islington or clerkenwell.. its the hippest coolest street in London, what do you expect?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: