Carpenter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 28 November 2005 5.00pm
Hi

Does anyone know a decent carpenter in SE1 area? I'm looking to get fitted wardrobes put in and the 2 bedroom companies I've asked for quotes are quoting huge prices!

Any help would be v appreciated!
thanks
Tuesday 29 November 2005 10.04am
Good chippies are VERY hard to find and if you do find one they are bloody expensive supposing they can even come. However, a firm is always terribly expensive, so you need an independent bloke. Will ask my "boys" if they know anyone and will PM you.
Tuesday 29 November 2005 10.14am
Jackie, could you let me know too?

We're looking for a bannister for our stairs - haven't got one fitted at the moment. May even need the old stairs ripping out and new ones putting in... gulp.

thanks.
Jac
Tuesday 29 November 2005 12.04pm
Jackies "boys" did a great job for me too in a refurbishment of my basement and in fitting my kitchen, lovely chaps too
Tuesday 29 November 2005 2.44pm
I know a lovely young man who can do almost anything in building and decorating -- expertly and fast. Good attitude too! He works with a small group of good artisans, so if anyone wants to know more, email me privately and I'll let you know contact phone no for him. (Currently, he's installing a kitchen. Last job was building an extension. He makes bespoke furniture too, but its cost reflects its originality.)
Tuesday 13 December 2005 11.40am
Hi Jackie

I'm looking for a carpenter to build some fitted wardrobes, and as you're probably aware recommendations count. Please could you send me the details of the person you used.

Many thanks

Gary.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 13 December 2005 11.42am by gary.withers.
Tuesday 13 December 2005 11.43am
Hi Rose

Please could you send me the details of the person you used.

Many thanks

Gary.
Tuesday 20 December 2005 3.29pm
Not sure if you have found someone now but a friend of mine is very good and reliable too - he is based in Sydenham but happy to work in SE1 - his name is Stephen Trickett and his number is 0790 5533789. He was recently recommended in both the Evening Standard Property Section and Time Out's Essential Services guide. He makes bespoke furniture, fitted wardrobes and more or less anything wooden, I think! Well, maybe not boats.

[James - if this counts as advertising, please remove and I will repost with my email address for anyone who wants details]
Tuesday 18 July 2006 11.06am
Hi

Would you please let me know the number of the carpenter you mentioned pls?

Many thanks

Sam
Friday 21 July 2006 8.37am
HI, although it was long time ago, I might recommend you Simon Kid (020.79283624). He did a great job, very similar to what you are looking for, was clean and far cheaper that other quotes I got at that time as well. Only drawback (consequence of his success?), he might not be too fast in coming and doing the job (but if you can wait)
Good luck
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: