Nearest Cinema

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 29 November 2005 2.19pm
What we seem to lacking in our glorious SE1 is a cinema. Anyone know where the nearest one easily accessible by public transport is?
Tuesday 29 November 2005 2.28pm
Surrey Quays via 188 bus is convenient, if not the most enticing multiplex in the world.
Tuesday 29 November 2005 2.29pm
17 mins from Elephant to the West End on the 12 bus, then take your pick.
Tuesday 29 November 2005 2.30pm
Surrey Quays.

No substitute for a mainstream cinema, but don't forget the Elefest and Tate Modern Community Film Club (next Monday: Scrooge) as opportunities to see classic films locally.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 29 November 2005 2.34pm by James Hatts.
Tuesday 29 November 2005 2.30pm
I often go to the Barbican, specially on Mondays when all tickets are only 5. The movie selection is limited (only 2/3 screens) but they show decent movies. I went to see Mrs Henderson presents yesterday....
I use this link to find what's on at the movies:
http://www.londonnet.co.uk/cinema/index.html
Tuesday 29 November 2005 9.32pm
Take the 333 to the Ritzy in Brixton.
Tuesday 29 November 2005 10.51pm
I too saw Mrs Henderson Presents. Peckham Multiplex is close by and is the cheapest cinema I've ever seen - 3.99 a ticket. They dont seem to mind people taking in their own food either.
Wednesday 30 November 2005 9.51am
I have just noticed that this week there is a film festival at the College Of Communication at the Elephant and Castle. It's all free and you can read more information on: http://www.newelephant.net/eleset.html
Wednesday 30 November 2005 11.54am
Perhaps the lovely new Unicorn Theatre on Tooley Street will/ could be persuaded to show films when there are no plays on?
Thursday 1 December 2005 3.19pm
Now that I'm no longer entitled to student discounts, I don't bother with the West End cinemas any more - the ticket prices are truely shocking! I'd rather pay about the same or a little more and get a bargain ticket to a musical or play.

Peckham Multiplex (www.peckhamplex.com) at 3.99 a pop is the way to go if Peckham doesn't scare you too much. I'm sure only a year ago the tickets were 2.99, then went up to 3.50 in the summer. It's still very cheap though! And surprisingly the cinema isn't run down or unpleasent.

There's also Morrisons just behind the cinema for drinks and snacks if After Eight McFlurrys don't float your boat.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: