Postal fame awaits

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 November 2005 3.47pm
If anyone has had trouble with parcels disappearing in the post recently or very delayed or missing letters (within the last few months) and fancies getting up early for an appearance on GMTV tomorrow morning, then please call Fiona on 020 7827 7305. It's for tomorrow's programme... and I can't do it!

(James, hope this is okay - please amend or move if it's not.)
Wednesday 30 November 2005 10.25pm
Can't go to telly, but was just looking for the ole thread on postal services. It seems to have sunk quite far on the forum, has the service improved for the rest of you?

I did not have much problems before, when all this started. Maybe it really was because of the research thing, that I got kicked out from after discussing it here. But now, I would say one daily delivery is gross exaggeration. Usually nothing on Mondays or Tuesdays, and then a bundle of letters midweek, just like today. Next bundle will probably arrive on Friday or Saturday. Shouls really start keeping a record to make sure I am not just imagining this. Also, for the first time a packet with CDs and DVDs, sent to me from Sweden in October has gone missing. But of course it is hard to blame anybody, when it is international mail.

Need to dig up the old thread, I remember there being information on how to report missing items.

Edit:

found it, on page 11!!!

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/14037
Wednesday 30 November 2005 10.36pm
You should find links to all the old threads here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/postalservice/

edit - maybe not! No idea where the text has gone. How odd! Will investigate.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 30 November 2005 10.37pm by James Hatts.
Wednesday 30 November 2005 10.38pm
Oops, James got here at the same time as me! Thanks for the link, but that postal service page seems to be blank? Only "text here" appears under the headline.

Edit- he he, same time post again ;-)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 30 November 2005 10.39pm by nelson_.
Wednesday 30 November 2005 10.42pm
Phew! Thanks to the Google cache, I have been able to reinstate the content at http://www.london-se1.co.uk/postalservice/

Serves me right for not keeping an up-to-date local copy of that page.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 30 November 2005 11.37pm
That's scary - I noticed the same pattern of mail delivery (or better still, non-delivery) too on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Incidentally we had the same thing with international packages. We have some periodical subscriptions from Norway and they were arriving very erratically. In fact ,one time instead of our magazine we recieved a package of ALL the magazines for their subscribers in England - apparently whoever was delivering didn't separate the bulk package and ours was on top with our address, so we got the whole thing.

Anyway, those guys are not doing well at all.....

nelson_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But now, I would say one daily
> delivery is gross exaggeration. Usually nothing on
> Mondays or Tuesdays, and then a bundle of letters
> midweek, just like today. Next bundle will
> probably arrive on Friday or Saturday. ..

. Also, for the first time
> a packet with CDs and DVDs, sent to me from Sweden
> in October has gone missing. But of course it is
> hard to blame anybody, when it is international
> mail.

by nelson_.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: