Live Music... You Missed It

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 4 December 2005 11.34am
I saw a cracking gig last night at the Crown & Anchor, New Kent Road.
I went along expecting to see 'Black Elvis' do his stuff. But when I arrived, I noticed all the chairs had gone and were rather a lot of old punk rockers there. The band were called P.A.I.N and they were great. Punk and ska, a real blast from the past and a really good atmos., including pogo-ing.

Apparentley they are a local band who had reformed for this one-off. They used to play at the next boozer - the Archduke Charles. The said pub being long shut (complete with a 'what's on' sign laughing at everyone) says it all about all about punk, live music and traditional boozers. Now the kids listen to US gansta rap instead of Linton Kwesi Johnson.
Peace in the ghetto...
Sunday 4 December 2005 1.32pm
went to see The Prodigy last night, in Brixton, and it has to have been the best ever gig I've been to. absolutely effing fantastic. A great act to see live. Well worth the money.
Thursday 8 December 2005 11.22pm
I went to see a band called Lamb of God, Tuesday at Astoria. what a great gig VERY heavy hardcore metal. more so than even slayer. sold out gig. shows your the underworld culture. then again, how are you going to see them without the bling bling?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: