New Years Eve

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
SJD
Monday 5 December 2005 3.09pm
Hello all,

Does anyone know of a nice place for dinner on New Years Eve that won't be overly extortionate in their pricing or too drinking orientated. We are looking to go with another couple and will have two pregnant women in our midst so smoke free would be a major plus too.

It doesn't have to be in SE1 just needs good food (preferably large sizes due to the being pregnant thing) and a fun atmosphere.

Also while I'm at it, does anyone know of any pubs that will be open past 7.30pm that won't charge you an entry fee to have a drink before or after dinner - prefer somewhere where conversation is possible. The last couple of years we have found the pubs around us have closed very early and so we have been forced into the West End.

Yes I know I'm being very demanding but it's really not too much to ask is it??

Thanks very much,
SJD
Monday 5 December 2005 3.54pm
The Weatherspoons pub does food, does not charge to get in on NYE (or at least it didn't back in 2002), and as it has no music, is definitely conversation friendly (and IIRC it's now smoke free).
Monday 5 December 2005 3.58pm
Last year my boyfriend and I went to eat in Tas on Borough High Street. The prices don't change on New Year's Eve, portions are too big for me but delicious and they have a separate smoking area. It was great but then going to Tas always is!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: