Shad Thames and Tooley Street Residents Association

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 6 December 2005 10.59am
Last night there was a special meeting of the Tooley Street and Tower Bridge Community Association at which, amongst many other changes, there was a decision made to change it's name to the Shad Thames and Tooley Street Residents Association since that more accurately represents the main area .
Members attending came from Butlers Wharf, Cimmamon Wharf, Cardamon Wharf, Wheat Wharf, The Cooperage, Tower Bridge Square, Devon Mansions, Caraway and others . There are still many blocks in the area which appear not to be represented amongst our members. Anyone interested in joining us can email me at alan@abcleisure.com and I will be very happy to give them more information as to our objects etc. To quote a well know phrase - United we stand - Divided we fall!
Wednesday 7 December 2005 1.28pm
Does St Olaves Estate come under this Resident's Association?
Thursday 8 December 2005 2.26pm
Sorry for the delay replying - but the answer is YES
Thursday 8 December 2005 4.02pm
Thanks for the reply. Is there a web site which details your scope and aims? If not could you send me something via pm?

Thanks.
Thursday 8 December 2005 4.10pm
Hi Jonathan
These are extracts from the new constitution which was adopted last Monday - Others may find this interesting too!
AREA
1. The Association represents the interests of the community in the area bordered by London Bridge to the west, Mill Street to the east, the River Thames to the north, and the railway line to the south

OBJECTIVES The objectives of the Association are :
1. to represent the interests of residents (but excluding tenant related issues) to the local authority and other bodies;
2. to monitor applications which are made to Southwark Council in areas such as planning, licensing, filming, entertainment or any other activities which impact on residents, and make representations in their interest;
3. to monitor the environment, streetscape and traffic patterns in co-operation with Southwark Council and other bodies, and make representations in the interests of residents;
4. to co-operate with other local bodies in making known and upholding the Code of Conduct for the Shad Thames area agreed in 2002 between the Butlers Wharf Residents Association and local businesses and endorsed by Southwark Council.

Please let me know if you need any more info. We hope to have a website up and running shortly.
Alan

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: