Thursday 8 December 2005 4.10pm
These are extracts from the new constitution which was adopted last Monday - Others may find this interesting too!
1. The Association represents the interests of the community in the area bordered by London Bridge to the west, Mill Street
to the east, the River Thames to the north, and the railway line to the south
OBJECTIVES The objectives of the Association are :
1. to represent the interests of residents (but excluding tenant related issues) to the local authority and other bodies;
2. to monitor applications which are made to Southwark Council
in areas such as planning, licensing, filming, entertainment or any other activities which impact on residents, and make representations in their interest;
3. to monitor the environment, streetscape and traffic patterns in co-operation with Southwark Council
and other bodies, and make representations in the interests of residents;
4. to co-operate with other local bodies in making known and upholding the Code of Conduct for the Shad Thames
area agreed in 2002 between the Butlers Wharf Residents Association and local businesses and endorsed by Southwark Council
Please let me know if you need any more info. We hope to have a website up and running shortly.