Shuttle bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 13 December 2005 1.47pm
I often see this bus bright blue bus along Waterloo Road - anyone know where does it come from and where does it go?
Tuesday 13 December 2005 2.14pm
is it the guy's staff bus to st thomas's...
Tuesday 13 December 2005 2.23pm
I think it's the Department of Health's shuttle between Waterloo and Westminster, rather than a St Thomas' thing.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 13 December 2005 3.54pm
There's more than one of them - there's a constant shuttle between Guys and St Thomas's, and then there's a round trip shuttle between various offices (including those opposite Ambulance HQ on Waterloo Rd). So you're all correct....
Tuesday 13 December 2005 6.06pm
The Guy's staff bus is white.
Tuesday 13 December 2005 9.17pm
It was great when my daughter was being treated at Guys though we live near Thomas'. Plus I felt a bit naughty sneaking on a staff bus.

There was another bus that went from near Lambeth Road to the Chelsea and Westminster. I knew people who used to sneak on to go shopping. Since the 360 route was created we can get to Sloane Sq for our shopping, so have no idea if it still runs.
Wednesday 14 December 2005 8.50am

Ernst & Young (I think) also run a shuttle bus between their offices at London Bridge and opposite St Thomas'. I think it is a sort of turquoise.

Regards,

Loafer
Friday 6 January 2006 12.36pm
The Department of Health bus used to say "DOH" on its indicator board... said in a Homer Simpson manner it sort of sums up the Department of Health!
Monday 9 January 2006 5.28pm
Nonetheless, it was (and indeed is) a great bus to catch up to Whitehall - you could always get a seat, even if the route was/is somewhat roundabout to take in the various DH (the DOH has been dropped for obvious reasons!) buildings.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: