Aladdin

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 15 December 2005 12.55pm
Hi

I know James has promoted this but I have to say....
I went to see Aladdin at the Old Vic and I WEPT with laughter.

I couldn't recommend a show more.
:)
Thursday 15 December 2005 1.31pm

Going on Boxing Day...can't wait!

Regards,

Loafer
Thursday 15 December 2005 1.31pm
And a timely reminder that you have until tomorrow [Friday] to enter our competition to win a pair of top tickets to see Aladdin:

See page 2 of this month's in SE1 for details of how to enter.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 15 December 2005 1.46pm
I am going tonight!!! So looking forward to it.
Thursday 15 December 2005 2.37pm
Loved it when I went to see it last year - 'tho I'm slightly disappointed that they're repeating it again this year. Would have liked to see a different Panto with McKellan - maybe they're still paying for the set?
Thursday 15 December 2005 3.15pm
We were more bemused than amused. Could only spot one other family with younger kids in the Upper Circle. Plenty of gay men and a younger audience than usual in theatres with a lot of people in their twenties and thirties. But it was all a bit contrived. Might have done better commuting out to the suburbs. Plus it was expensive as a family treat. Though the staging was really good, the kids preferred Cinderella in York last winter. But I suspect the Old Vic know their audience, and it was not really for kids.
Thursday 15 December 2005 3.21pm
can anyone recommend a panto suitable for 5 year olds-was going to try and see Aladdin but sounds like it is not really for kids! want something traditional (you know he's behind you etc) preferably.
Thursday 15 December 2005 5.07pm
We're off to see Pinnochio (I think) at Stratford Royal on Saturday with our 2 3/4 yr old ... saw one there last year too and it is certainly traditional, really good fun!
Thursday 15 December 2005 7.24pm
My 7 year old daughter saw the Young Vic version TinTin at the Barbican with her school a couple of days ago. She seems to have really enjoyed it. Apparently there were real dogs in it. She said the first half was really good, but that there was a "freaky" bit in the second half. IHHO it would be fine for a five year old, and better than Aladdin.

Friday 16 December 2005 7.58am
We had great fun last night and there were loads and loads of children: not at all the audience that The Sarah described. I thought it was a good performance and indeed, it a bit contrived: but I believe that that is the whole point.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: