Removals companies - recommendations please!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 16 December 2005 10.07am
Could anyone please recommend a good removal company for a domestic move from SE1 to west London?

Also, if you've had a bad experience, I'd be interested to know which companies you'd advise that I steer clear of! I'd heard some nightmare stories of real cowboys operating in this business...

Cheers,

Nick

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 17 December 2005 4.46pm by James Hatts.
Anonymous User
Friday 16 December 2005 11.20am
Ring Graham at Big Van - they are great.
Monday 19 December 2005 10.46am
I found "Aussie Man with Van" helpful, honest reliable - and cheap!
They are in Wandsworth and their number is: 020 8870 4003 (or see: www.manandvan.biz)
Monday 19 December 2005 12.41pm
It depends on if you also want a packing service or not.

For purely an extremely helpful, intelligent(it helps!),clean careful- and as his Company name implies- friendly man wiyth a van service call Paul Dulake-"Friendly Guy with a Van" on 07855415424. I have used him personally and would not hesitate to use him again. Nothing is too much trouble-I even use him for special deliveries for my Company !Large new vehicle and if you don't want to do any humping he'll bring a friend to do it all.

Christianna
Tuesday 27 December 2005 1.38pm
i've just moved and used bishops moves - a bit pricey but very reliable. This is the second time i've used them
Tuesday 27 December 2005 2.34pm
It depends if you are looking to move a huge whole household or just a few things. What is your situation NickM?
Wednesday 28 December 2005 11.34pm
'Aussie Man with Van' I found to be expensive and not that reliable - Primarily because they turned up three hours late, charge by the hour, and spent time hanging around and seeming to do not very much. I was only moving a one-bed flat to the next street (no major furniture) and it took three and a half hours. Cost 300. Nice guys but won't use them again. Should've got fixed-price...
Wednesday 28 December 2005 11.36pm
Meant to say 'Gentle Ghost' in Shepherd's Bush (?) are supposed to be good. Maybe worth a shot if you're going that way. If you use them, please let us know!
Friday 30 December 2005 12.08pm
Bishops Move were fine for us. They turned up on the first day with a great big lorry and five men. Second day saw an extra lorry plus too further men. We really did need a larger house.

Not cheap, but by the time we had gone through the hell of selling and buying, all I wanted was for someone else to do the packing and the move, whatever the cost. This they did, and were pleasent and cheerful to boot.
Friday 30 December 2005 8.44pm
I've used OIS removals twice for a one bed flat - based in Croydon but do anywhere around London. They do a fixed rate - last time it was around 120 which seems pretty good to me, but I did the packing myself. Think website is www.oisremovals.co.uk
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: