Postal Service- again.....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 16 December 2005 10.29am
It is probably that time of year again, but the postal service the last weeks has been terrible and I am staring to get worried again. So far this is the list of what went missing:

- a cheque sent to me 20 November has disappeared
- a cheque sent to American Express 2 December has disappeared
- tickets sent by Menier Chocolate Factory on 3 December have disappeared
- a parcel sent from The Netherlands on 4 December.....etc etc etc

Anyone else, perhaps?
Friday 16 December 2005 11.01am
I sent an important booking form - with my credit card details - about three weeks ago - to an address in Chingford, which never arrived.

As a result I have had to cancel an event I was organising for 12 people, which has caused a lot of hassle and disappointment.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
ADT
Friday 16 December 2005 1.49pm
A cheque posted to us never turned up, and a replacement cheque posted "signed for" took 5 days to arrive (although I suppose that delay could be a Christmas symptom rather than being due to the SE1 postal services.
Wednesday 21 December 2005 10.38pm
yes ive had terrible service ,im on newington causeway,
ive complained so many times,
I always get a card through the door without them even ringing my bell,then when you go down to postal depot they can take ages to find your parcel and quite often dont find it at all,awful.

eric
Thursday 22 December 2005 1.38am
That is just postal service overall. We used to get the exact same thing when we lived in Hammersmith. That's progress and privatisation for you, huh?

loppy12 Wrote:
> ive complained so many times,
> I always get a card through the door without them
> even ringing my bell,

Friday 23 December 2005 1.35pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4555174.stm

perhaps this will make it easier to report to the police and get them to take it seriously. I've left the SE1 area now but did suffer lost cheque book and identity theft whilst there, reported the incident of the cheque book to Borough High Street police station, but it was clear they weren't interested in doing anything about it -- I guess I'm not blaming them, a stolen cheque book in the post doesn't seem like crime of the century and sure they have lots of other stuff to worry about -- but it does seem like these thefts are a gang - or at least co-ordinated operation, so each incident might help piece together evidence (or perhaps I've been watching too much miss marple). Anyway, maybe now the police have a team working on it that incidents can be reported to?
Friday 23 December 2005 6.22pm
The fraudulent postman in the Golders Green sorting office (in the news tonight) was uncovered by the police looking at patterns in thefts from the post, so its probably worth reporting things even if your individual items do not seem to interest the police.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: