Looking for a flat to buy in Devon Mansions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 December 2005 11.42am
I'm looking to buy either a 1 or 2 bed flat in Devon Mansions - do you know someone who is thinking about selling their flat? I've already checked with local estate agents and they have nothing on their books..

Many thanks,

Wednesday 21 December 2005 1.22pm
No, but there is a 3 bed flat for 245,000 in St Olaves Estate directly behind the Elusive Camel. Saw it in a window of an estate agents on Bermondsey Street last Saturday.
Wednesday 21 December 2005 2.21pm
Many thanks but I think that flat is on the ground floor right? Would def prefer something above the 1st floor...
Wednesday 21 December 2005 2.27pm
Wouldn't have thought so - the flat is over two floors so would be over the second and third floors I guess.

I live in the block and as far as I know all the 2 and 3 beds are on the second floor. Not 100% sure though I'm afraid!
Wednesday 21 December 2005 11.53pm
Devon Mansions, depending on the block, has a reputation for poor sound insulation - I know of a number of people who have poor relations (This is putting it mildly) with their neighbours due to ongoing disputes. The flats were built pre-stereos/TV's etc and just aren't able to cope with contemporary lifestyles re noise levels.
Saturday 24 December 2005 10.18am
That's not good news about the poor sound insulation!! Is it the same for all ex-council blocks in this area (of comparable age)? Or would you say that it's something unique to Devon Mansions...?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: