Dance lessons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 22 December 2005 7.52pm
Looking for dance lessons - modern - in Shad Thames area for family party Feb. to wow the guests.
Saturday 31 December 2005 12.04am
What do you mean by modern and do you have a patrner?-If so will Salsa do? Loads of classes in SE1 and very 'impressive'. Try the search link.

Christianna
Saturday 31 December 2005 7.52am
Does anyone know who does ballroom dancing "meets"? We seriously would love to do some. I come from a generation who was taught ballroom dancing and indeed DID ballroom dancing most nights of the week (ah you poor young people, you dont know what fun we had in the fifties, rolling up carpets and dancing, going to dinner and dancing, wearing gorgeous long dresses and dancing and ALWAYS being able to hear what your partner was saying...what a far cry from jigging around in strobe lighting to deafening beat music). Anyway, although I'm rather well schooled in this (or was) the Professor is less so, and we love to dance. So anyone who knows of a fun place to do some classes ....
Tuesday 3 January 2006 11.11am
Have you tried the Rivoli Ballrom - actually in (whisper) Crofton Park, but a mere bus-ride away from SE1, and a fabulous location...http://www.ents24.com/web/venue/26294/London/Rivoli_Ballroom.html. You can ring them up to find out what's on, but I know there's a swing dance night on the 21st.

Tuesday 3 January 2006 12.50pm
WHERE is Crofton Park??? I'm rushing for the map!
Tuesday 3 January 2006 2.52pm
I know a good looking guy who might be a willing partner
Tuesday 3 January 2006 5.58pm
It's not as far as it seems, a mere 172 bus ride away, or 15 min train ride from London Bridge. Even more buses available from your Elephant and Castle end.
Tuesday 3 January 2006 6.22pm
i don't know if there's lessons available, but once a month there appears to be a '40s style dance goes on, on board the HMS Belfast, complete with live band. (i've secretly yearned to go, but don't have the foggiest when it comes to two-footed & partnered co-ordination)
Tuesday 3 January 2006 7.20pm
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry we're away for three months now, but when we're back, I'm OFF to the Belfast and to Crofton Park (indeed I see it's really not far)....
Anonymous User
Friday 6 January 2006 10.57pm
My friend has been to the dance on the Belfast - apparently it is brilliant. ma quite up for it - will go soon

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: